Force on Coil (1 Viewer)

That was a good read.

Sounds like John has (kind of) come to terms with the way things worked out.

John probably isn't exactly the easiest guy to work for, but people who are driven to succeed rarely are easy to work for, because they know what they want, and expect the best from everyone.

I worked at a major company 25 years ago, and was assigned to work with an engineer who had a pretty tough reputation. Co-workers were actually coming by to commiserate with me. But you know what? I ended up getting along with him just fine, and learned quite a bit from him. He knew what he wanted, and I did my best to give it to him.

Last edited:
"You do grow apart, I guess. We'd have arguments like any two people who spend that much time together. Big arguments over the stupidest stuff. We'd argue over how many pepperonis were on the pizza. I wasn't allowed to argue with Bernie or [former crew chief John] Medlen. That was in their contracts. But I could argue with Austin."

I had to laugh out loud at that. Bernie and Medlen had no argue contracts. That just too funny.

I remember seeing Austin at the March Meet and he seemed like he was having the time of his life. I told someone then " he's going to do one of these cars for his wife".

A very interesting read Mark, thanks for the Link. Good to know that it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they some day could work together again,...... at least John did not rule it out.

I don't know the facts so I'm just throwing this out, it sound like Coil is pissed about something, just an observation from an old dude. Either money or something, to the point he isn't talking to John, like his feelings are hurt. Again just my 2 cents.

Rick

I don't know the facts so I'm just throwing this out, it sound like Coil is pissed about something, just an observation from an old dude. Either money or something, to the point he isn't talking to John, like his feelings are hurt. Again just my 2 cents.

Rick
Above and beyond money, IMO, It reads like Coil, possibly,doesn't want to talk because he could be easily convinced, by John, to change his mind. There's safety in distance.

Last edited:
... to change his mind...
The split wasn't a "spur of the moment" thing,
Coil had mentioned to some of his Chicago friends about leaving the deal if they would win the championship this year...

I don't think that there is a word to describe what 20+ years of daily John Force would be like to endure...
One weekend of match racing in the late '80s we pitted next them -- watched John for three days & nights --- wore me out ...
Coil musta had an ear switch to tune Force out for all those years ...

.......I don't think that there is a word to describe what 20+ years of daily John Force would be like to endure...
One weekend of match racing in the late '80s we pitted next them -- watched John for three days & nights --- wore me out ...
Coil musta had an ear switch to tune Force out for all those years ...
I'll never forget this day. One year my brother and I were at the Cajun Nationals in Baton Rouge on a Saturday afternoon, Force was there with his Wendy's Corvette. We went by his pit, walk up to the ropes and there's John screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs, fired the whole crew right in front of us. They all walked away and we're standing there cracking up laughing at this dude, and he turns on us, "What the @%&# are you'll laughing at?" We were still cracking up, my brother says "Now what are you gonna do without a crew?" .......... he was pissed, steam was coming out of his ears!
I said to my brother, "that dude is flat out nuts!" We made sure to go by Sunday morning just to see and sure enough the whole crew was back. He's always had the intensity and passion, that's for sure.............

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back