For those who liked the Hawaiian artwork (1 Viewer)

Diamond Dave

Nitro Member
I thought I'd show you this... A lot of you seem to want to see old but updated paint schemes on new bodies.I occasionally want to repaint a scale F/C model so I do some sketches to see what I'd like and this was one of them:

Dave

pure.jpg

I thought I'd show you this... A lot of you seem to want to see old but updated paint schemes on new bodies.I occasionally want to repaint a scale F/C model so I do some sketches to see what I'd like and this was one of them:

Dave

pure.jpg

Really nice work. I am an artist too (not computer skilled enough), but I have to do it the old way (paint & brush). There must be a ton of "classic" paint jobs that would be cool to see again. I hope some of the Pros that frequent this board take notice of you work.

Damn , I say you print them on some t-shirts and sell them.
I'll buy a couple of each
I like the way you don't add all the silly background like they do on t-shirts now.
The art work gets lost with names , sponsors and drivers faces.
Keep up the great work

Last edited:
We're not worthy

Dave
Awesome again, you make the art challenged wish we'd played with our crayons more as kids:D

S/F
D

The coolest F/C ever (in my opinion) was the Green Elephant Vega campained by Jim Green in the 70s. I'd love to see a re-do of that on an up to date car. I would make that my desktop forever.

That "Pure Hell" car was one of my all time favorites. So glad you picked that one.
Do you take requests.:D If so, what do you think one of "Big John" Mazmanian's would cars look like? I realize that there wasn't a lot of detail work but they didn't need it. What he did with the forever popular color of candy apple red & the gold leaf lettering made for some of the most beautiful cars of the day, & for all time really. Sure would be nice to see it on one of today's F/C's.
RIP John & thanks for the many memories..............."HIP"

I'm wondering the same thing Dave, could you do one of my dad's funny car, the one that is in my avatar? I could send you some more photos of it through the e-mail, if you are interested e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you all the photos I have of my dad's funny car. It is a 1969 Camaro, so use whatever late body you prefer, but a 2002 Camaro would be cool, unless you think you could do a prototype 2009, now that would really be bitchen.......................let me know.......Perry Jr.

Dave, I love these renderings. I sketch, myself, but never learned how to use markers, color pencils, etc. Is this a computer program you use to plug in the paint schemes? Any way you do it, they are sharp.

Wow, so much talent. I can't even draw a straight line..Good thing I can drive in one,lol..
Awesome work!

WOW Dave, I'm amazed every time I open one of your posts. I too am an airbrush artist, but your work truly amazes me. If you get bored, you can do the C&H car in my avatar.:D

Thanks again for sharing your work with us!

Dave, your work is absolutely incredible ! I think Kenny Bernstien as well as Don Schumacher and several others are certainly taking notice ! I have forwarded all photos that I pocess of the "Super Camaro" have fun.........Perry Jr.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back