Florida is Now Open (1 Viewer)

Ramjet

Nitro Member
The Governor has opened the state completly. I hope it was announced in time enough for people to know for Gainsville. Everyone can go have a good time.

I hope the race comes off tomorrow. Watching weather reports and rain in forecast.
They changed the starting time to 10am instead of 11am for Sunday due to the weather. Attendance Saturday seemed pretty light. Top Eliminator Club where I sit was pretty empty. General admission (non pit side) was empty as well. Reserved grandstand (pit side) looked pretty crowded.

It felt as normal to a regular Gators as one could get. The humidity was insane. Crowds were lower, but that is to be expected. I was in TEC, and they stated most chose to use their tickets in 2021. Besides having to wear a mask to get into the facility, I'd say 85% did not wear them throughout the day (me included). It was a great event, with 5 fuel teams whacking the throttle throughout the weekend! NHRA made a good move to move rd. 1 up to 10am, but perplexed me as to why they did'nt run sportsman in the early AM, as they would of had concluded the event if they did.

Side note- a lil birdie in the know told me to expect the las vegas finals to be moved to G-ville. 90% chance. Take that how you want it. But i'd maybe start pre-planning for that weekend. Maybe ol' Alan can chime in.

PSS- Alan, announce the radio track fm channel. ;)

Side note- a lil birdie in the know told me to expect the las vegas finals to be moved to G-ville. 90% chance. Take that how you want it. But i'd maybe start pre-planning for that weekend. Maybe ol' Alan can chime in.
Not surprised...NHRA could use all the help they can get. If FL is "open" and NHRA can get even half capacity they'd fare better than Vegas.

Now that’s an interesting rumor! Sorry to all the Vegas maters but I’d love the opportunity to see a World Finals at Gainesville, at sea level, in the 70s :)

Nevada governor nixed the Nascar race with fans, I wouldn't be shocked at all if we are in Gainesville for the Dodge Finals.

Hmmmmm. No Vegas Finals. No Pomona. Makes me wonder about the nat'l event in Arizona next Feb.

It felt as normal to a regular Gators as one could get. The humidity was insane. Crowds were lower, but that is to be expected. I was in TEC, and they stated most chose to use their tickets in 2021. Besides having to wear a mask to get into the facility, I'd say 85% did not wear them throughout the day (me included). It was a great event, with 5 fuel teams whacking the throttle throughout the weekend! NHRA made a good move to move rd. 1 up to 10am, but perplexed me as to why they did'nt run sportsman in the early AM, as they would of had concluded the event if they did.

PSS- Alan, announce the radio track fm channel. ;)
I spoke to Alan in the Gainesville airport this morning and he still thought there was a good chance the Vegas race would happen. He mentioned that NHRA would need to decide about 30 days ahead of the race so we should hear something definitive in the next week. Another person I spoke to at the races who is kind of an inside source indicated that Vegas authorities would allow 45% capacity and that is not acceptable to Bruton. Thus, if Vegas authorities don't change what they will allow and Bruton won't accept 45%, the race would be moved, most likely to Gainesville. In any event, we should know soon. If I had to bet, I would bet no Vegas and back to Gainesville for the finale.

Hmmmmm. No Vegas Finals. No Pomona. Makes me wonder about the nat'l event in Arizona next Feb.

Honestly the way things are going I think it is 50/50 at best and that all depends on how the numbers are to finish the year. They have already announced no suites for the Phoenix Open next February so other events in the Phoenix area are already setting procedures for the beginning of next year. Personally I believe if they start lumping flu numbers with covid then we will be back to square one.

If I were to place a bet I would say 2021 season starts in Gainseville.

The Governor has opened the state completly. I hope it was announced in time enough for people to know for Gainsville. Everyone can go have a good time.

Yea everything is open down here but at 50% capacity with proper social distancing. It will be at least another month until the Gov raises that limit.

The governor here in Florida has now opened up most things to 100% and you can wear masks only if you want to.

Many parts of Florida had the mask rules in places such as the Tampa and Clearwater area along with Orlando and parts of South Florida and these rules are still in effect and you must wear a mask when entering public buildings and stores. So in different parts of the state you will find different rules in place.

The governor has no control over what individual cities and towns do.

This weekend I was at Walmart and a few other stores and everyone from employees to shoppers had masks on and I am not sure if the governor was happy about this or not but the people seem to be
following their own guidlines about wearing masks and social distancing.

I do not think they are requiring people who enter Florida to shelter in place for 14 days anymore.

Jim Hill

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back