4 wide nationals thread (1 Viewer)

e-town iceyman

Nitro Member
ok now that gainsville is done with lets discuss this whole 4 wide deal. I will be there saturday and sunday and to tell the truth, im kinda nervous for the outcome of this thing. I mean i hope it goes great and we leave on sunday night very happy race fans but we all know there are many things standing in the way of that becoming a reality. All in all im really looking forward to event but i just hope the nhra doesnt make fools out of themselves.

It will be a hit! The fans will love it, the media will wear it out and even the racers will come around..................................;)

glass.half.full.jpg

I'd like to hear how the timing system is progressing (Jeffrey, are ya out there?).

Questions . . . Has it been (or will it be) tested? Can more than one competitor red light? I know there has been some info on how eliminations are going to work, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a link to the "rules" ?

Just curious - Jim

Dumbest gimmick I have ever heard of.
If this comedy act is what the NHRA sees in their future, it'll be tuning into Sprint Cup instead.
This isn't drag racing, it's more like something you would see at a county fair.

Dumbest gimmick I have ever heard of.
If this comedy act is what the NHRA sees in their future, it'll be tuning into Sprint Cup instead.
This isn't drag racing, it's more like something you would see at a county fair.

Right after demo derby and just before the monster trucks and tractor pullers, George.

I look forward to watching it in action. And, anything that will bring positive PR to our sport, all the better. They will be running clips of 4-wide racing on ESPN/ESPN2, and maybe even mainstream TV news, all weekend :)

I'm with you George, Dumbest gimmick I have ever heard of. Somebody has called it Fourplay that sounds right. It's hard enough to really see what happening with 2 cars, how the hell can a person keep an eye on four?
Was great with booked in shows at Rockford but those were NOT real races, and cars ran mid 6's 200 MPH.
What's next having a guy ride on top of the wing?

Come on, it's once a year dammit! :rolleyes: I myself will be looking forward to seeing this. How can you not like seeing 32,000hp?

The replies in this thread remind me of the replies in the Pro Stock Rules thread. Most were negative, and most were proven wrong........................:cool:

Geez Lance, next you are going to say how much sense it makes to see how it goes and to give it a chance..........WHAT ARE YOU THINKING????? ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back