First Lawsuit Filed Today-torco (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that a man in Evan's position would have consulted HIS attorneys before moving forward in this decision. Therefore, he would know if he was setting himself up for any legal action. If he had written contracts, I'm sure there was an "out" clause to protect him. All in all, it's a bad situation. Bottom line for me, I hope Evan takes care of himself and, God willing, makes a full recovery. I have known people that have had serious accidents and were never the same. Evan's health is many times more important than his continuing to sponsor anything in motorsports.

Whatever the truth is in this saga all I see ahead is alot of carnage. It's a shame for all parties that this is happening. I just don't see a good ending to this.

Terry - it's "principle" if it hurts your feelings, "principal" if it hurts your pocketbook. You may be right, it's a pocketbook issue, but the lawyers always seem to be the only beneficiaries and the purported beneficiaries just get the crumbs after the sharks get done feeding.

What I don't understand is if Evan is such a great guy and was putting all this money out there for these teams,why should injuries from an accident several years ago cause him to suddenly pull the plug on the teams?A true philanthropist wouldn't let personal problems such as this result in his turning his back on all the teams that he was sponsoring.Something smells pretty fishy here.

I really feel for Evan and his medical struggles. But the more I read on this whole thing, the more questions come up. If he can't be there to monitor the teams that he owns, I can understand parking them. But the teams that he sponsored certainly deserved more than a months notice. Foley and Lewis talk about all the equipment that was purchased over the off season, and now they have to find a way to pay for it. How many other teams are in that vote? Ultimately, we all need facts. Did some teams not get paid the last Q of 07? So many questions.....

Evan, get yourself well first and foremost....

Remember the $100+ barrel prices are projected future prices, it isn't what they are paying now! ;)

If the lawsuites are truly starting to surface this is a bummer....:(

I know this, but this has severely squeezed refining margins because the byproducts of oil have not gone up equally with the oil. 2 quarters ago refining margins were $25 a barrel, today they are roughly $7 a barrel. It would not take a long period of time of these lower margins to squeeze a business if the business did not bank the higher margins.

What I don't understand is if Evan is such a great guy and was putting all this money out there for these teams,why should injuries from an accident several years ago cause him to suddenly pull the plug on the teams?A true philanthropist wouldn't let personal problems such as this result in his turning his back on all the teams that he was sponsoring.Something smells pretty fishy here.

you might want to Google "closed head injuries".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back