$65 million dollar lawn mower horse power class action suit!!! (1 Viewer)

Lawnmower Class Action Settlement
Washington, DC: If you purchased a lawnmower, for your own use, containing an engine with up to 30 horsepower in the United States or Puerto Rico and between January 1, 1994 and April 12, 2010, you may be eligible to participate in a class action settlement announced recently. The settlement allows for up to $35 for each walk-behind mower and up to $75 for each riding lawnmower. And you may be eliglble to receive an extended warranty.

Click here to file your claim

Your lawnmower is included if your engine was manufactured by: Briggs & Stratton; Honda; Kawasaki; Kohler; Tecumseh; Toro.

Or, your lawnmower is included if your lawnmower was manufactured by: Deere; EHP; Honda; Husqvarna; MTD; Sears; Toro.

Brands manufactured by these companies include, but are not limited to:
Yard-Man, Cub Cadet, Honda, Bolens, Exmark, Deere, Sabre, Scotts, Toro, Yard Machines, Craftsman, Troy Bilt, Husqvarna, Poulan, Poulan PRO, Lawn-Boy, Weed Eater, White Outdoor, Snapper, Simplicity, Brute, Murray, and other brands.

The class action lawsuit was filed against Sears and other manufacturers of lawn mowers, alleging that they, for decades, fraudulently sold lawn mowers with labels indicating the engines produce a higher horsepower than they actually do. The horsepower of a lawnmower is critical to its performance. One alleged deception involves stating the horsepower of the lawnmower as its gross horsepower, which is a theoretical maximum horsepower, not the more accurate net horsepower.

Additionally, the suit claims that the defendants were involved in a broad conspiracy which included influencing the adoption of labeling requirements that would ensure the alleged fraud could not be discovered.

A final approval hearing is set for June 22. If you wish to be excluded or object to the proposed settlement you have until June 4th to notify the claims administrator.

The deadline to file a claim for cash benefits is August 31, 2010.

The deadline for filing a claim for warranty benefits and redeeming warranty benefits is one year after the final approval.

APR-06-10: Lawnmower Class Action Settlement [LAWNMOWER CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT WEBSITE]

I saw the commercial for this and couldn't believe it.
I've got two lawn tractors and could collect the $$$$
But who gives a shizit??They cut the grass ,haul the carts, sweeper,etc

The laywers will receive 1/3 of the monetary settlement, and no more than $14,000,000.00 of the warranty settlement,
WTF

Last edited:
So THAT'S why my push lawnmower is a weak suck! All this time I thought it was either blended gas, clogging deck, Or a dull blade which I kept sharpening. Runs like it has less than 3 horsepower when its labeled 4

So THAT'S why my push lawnmower is a weak suck! All this time I thought it was either blended gas, clogging deck, Or a dull blade which I kept sharpening. Runs like it has less than 3 horsepower when its labeled 4

4hp???:D

That IS weak.

My Craftsman w/6.5 cuts just about anything (walk behind), so even if it is only in reality 5, it's still O.K.

I got the card in the mail about the settlement three days ago, read it, it now resides in the local landfill.

When I read it, my first though was "friggin (close enough;) ) lawyers".

Next, if they find variations in automotive/motorcycle horsepower ratings vs. real world numbers, which is all too common, they'll be suing the auto/cycle industry back to the early 20th century.

If you turn on the TV for more than a half hour, you'll see a commercial for some type of class action lawsuit or another.

I can't stand lawyers, but they are a necessary evil.

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back