Erica vs. Greg Anderson (1 Viewer)

greg did nothing wrong. bottom line is that for all the effort it didnt work. greg is a great racer but at this point in time erica is the best pro stock racer around. and that is frustrating greg and jason. greg and jason are great racers and gentleman. they have accomplished so much. but erica in my opinion is the best natural driver in any pro class. in the league of jeg. i doubt it would happen but i hope she eventually goes on to fuel racing. i think she could do great things.

Yea, but usually not in a pro class. Why sandbag a mid 60 and not just tune a mid 60 and have just an "unloaded kitchen sink" tune up in it?
Because that's not nearly as reliable. Trying to de-tune a car out of its happy zone is setting yourself up for other stuff to go wrong, and there's a good chance you'll just flat whiff on the intended e.t. if it's not something you're used to doing. Better to keep a known commodity tune up in it and let the driver handle the finer details. Besides, data on a soft run isn't going to be nearly as useful as data on a real run that's accurate to at least the 660.

Not only did GA do nothing wrong, you'd be a dumbass not to try it if you were in his position. It worked out brilliantly and the 1st round matchup was one for the ages.

In the end, the best did what the best does in situations like that, so props to the Elite team for gittin'-er-done.

Sean D

P.S. Kinda surprised Matt didn't try it in PSM.

Not only did GA do nothing wrong, you'd be a dumbass not to try it if you were in his position. It worked out brilliantly and the 1st round matchup was one for the ages.

In the end, the best did what the best does in situations like that, so props to the Elite team for gittin'-er-done.

Sean D

Matt couldn't try it in PSM because if he didn't make up the Q points that he did, he would have went into raceday over 120 behind and already eliminated.

lots of teams add cars during the countdown to act as blockers. Greg just takes it up another level. In the end it worked out for Erica better anyway. Greg has a lot of the Professor in him.

Matt couldn't try it in PSM because if he didn't make up the Q points that he did, he would have went into raceday over 120 behind and already eliminated.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dave. I didn't think the spread was that far.

On that note, un-freakin' believable how the Bike class ended up. Unreal......

Sean D

Thanks for clearing that up, Dave. I didn't think the spread was that far.

On that note, un-freakin' believable how the Bike class ended up. Unreal......

Sean D

Yeah he was 117 back coming in, and Andrew gained 7 session points plus his qualifying position points. Eddie was 116 back and Jerry 115 back. Eddie gained 0 session points and was eliminated. Jerry and Matt kept their slim hopes alive through qualifying. That's the saddest part about Doug Kalitta's title loss.. he just needed a few better runs in qualifying at any point during the countdown and he'd have the trophy.

And yes, that is one PSM raceday that won't be forgotten for a very long time!

That race, as they say, lived up to the hype! And again, this isn’t my opinion, it’s a fact, what Greg did was absolutely cool, and pretty amazing he pulled off the strategy. Well up until he lost. Great racing!

What you said it 100% opinion. Just saying it is not your opinion and it fact does not make it so.

That being said it was a great race and added some excitement.

He just confronted Hagan! LOL

Attachments

• Torrence Hagan.jpg
    Torrence Hagan.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 28
Yeah he was 117 back coming in, and Andrew gained 7 session points plus his qualifying position points. Eddie was 116 back and Jerry 115 back. Eddie gained 0 session points and was eliminated. Jerry and Matt kept their slim hopes alive through qualifying. That's the saddest part about Doug Kalitta's title loss.. he just needed a few better runs in qualifying at any point during the countdown and he'd have the trophy.

And yes, that is one PSM raceday that won't be forgotten for a very long time!

She defeated the top 3 in points, all of whom are previous champions. She has a story for the ages.

When I won my first Wally I beat Andrew Hines, Matt Smith, Jerry Savoie and that hobbyist guy Steve Johnson..............................

Kinda embarrassing when they try to team up on EE and she still hands their butts to them. And for some reason I'm thinking Line wouldn't have wanted to win it that way. He seems to be a straight up guy. . All Greg Andersons doing. No more Summit parts for me. And if Force openly stated he was trying to pull something like that they would have been weeping. wailing, and gnashing of teeth. JMHO

.....And for some reason I'm thinking Line wouldn't have wanted to win it that way. He seems to be a straight up guy. . All Greg Andersons doing...

Well, that may be, but boy, Jason sure didn't look very happy after Erica beat Greg. I personally have enjoyed watching Erica be a PITA to Greg ever since he became "That Guy."

The only thing, short of using real Camaro/Mustang/Challenger bodies on their cars, that will save pro stock is introducing the elements of subterfuge and race craft into what is normally as exciting as watching a slot car drag race.

Well, that may be, but boy, Jason sure didn't look very happy after Erica beat Greg. I personally have enjoyed watching Erica be a PITA to Greg ever since he became "That Guy."

When Erica beat Greg she eliminated all the Summit cars from championship contention. Jason was obviously pissed and used some choice words from what I could lip read

I have to hand it to Greg: It was a ballsy/high risk move. I still can't believe that he kept that pairing through 4 rounds of qualifying.
If he beat Erica and Jason went on to win, it would have been "one for the ages" (but, then again, the whole days was one for the ages).
Kept me in front of the screen ALL day!

Sean D

Had Greg taken out Enders, the main benefactor woulda been Jeg not Jason, as jeg would have only had to go to the finals to clinch. Although I'm sure he would never admit it, i wonder if jeg wouldnt have minded if greg had taken out erica, as jeg missed his sixth championship by just 4 thou. Can u imagine the awkwardness around the elite pit, had this happen !!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back