Drone usage (1 Viewer)

There is hope; back when I had my DJI Phantom P3P Drone, I remember hearing that DJI and a couple of the software manufacturers were working on the technology to basically create on demand "no fly zones", so the things can't get more than about 4 feet in the air. Most airports and military bases are automatically programmed and locked into the GPS software as being permanent no fly zones. But these on demand zones could theoretically be activated for certain special events, public gatherings, etc. I don't know where that stands now though because I got out of the hobby years ago.

The video and still images from the better drones are amazing. I could see using one for some pretty dramatic high angle shots, but, they should never be allowed to fly directly over the track, no matter their altitude.
Things could get ugly quickly if one dropped onto a car at speed.

There is hope; back when I had my DJI Phantom P3P Drone, I remember hearing that DJI and a couple of the software manufacturers were working on the technology to basically create on demand "no fly zones", so the things can't get more than about 4 feet in the air. Most airports and military bases are automatically programmed and locked into the GPS software as being permanent no fly zones. But these on demand zones could theoretically be activated for certain special events, public gatherings, etc. I don't know where that stands now though because I got out of the hobby years ago.
You are referring to "geofencing", 5 minutes on Google will tell anyone that wants to hack that "feature" just how to disable it.

Larry Page's Kitty Hawk:

https://flyer.aero/

This is cool! But what I was thinking about would be a real helicopter with 4 rotors on it like a drone. Would have a pilot & crew, with the ability to, say, carry troops in a war zone. Or cargo or whatever. It would be big but would have a load capacity way more than anything current. I saw the movie Live, Die, Repeat (Edge of Tomorrow) and they had computer generated aircraft that looked just like that. I've always wondered why some company doesn't build one. I was joking about landing something like that in the pits, but.....

It does happen. I've heard calls over the commentary to bring drones down at quite a few tracks now, including at NHRA events.
When you can work with a cooperative track and racers the results can be dramatic, it's a fantastic angle for photography.
Very nice pic. I was referring to Joe Sixpack and his drone buzzing around. But as for the pro photographers, one thing is to have one up there, but then having several and all fighting for the same shot, imagine them bumping into each and somehow effecting a race. Because of the chance of things going wrong they should all be banned IMO.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back