Drag racing Videographer, Timothy "Bubba" Barnes, passes (1 Viewer)

Another familiar face is gone. I never really knew Bubba, but he always had a smile and a wave when our paths crossed and we'd exchange idle chit-chat during down time.

Godspeed, Bubba, you left us way too soon.

I worked with Bubba a few times over the last couple of years on various shows. I was most looking forward to working with him on Inside Drag Racing....and this would be my first year.

It never came to be.

It just breaks my heart to lose someone as talented....as sweet.....and well....as down to earth as Bubba.

I knew he wasn't feeling well last year as we worked together on several shows.....but he NEVER...EVER let it get in the way of his work....his passion no matter what we were shooting. Even the intense shoot for King of the Strip....which was 4 hot days....for all involved. He was a trooper....and none of us had any idea what he was really dealing with!

(Bubba in the middle)

322.jpg

I was hoping that whatever it was that seemed to be pulling the life out of him would "go away" and he could be "fixed"....cured. It just wasn't meant to be....and that man put up one hell of a fight.

It was just last August that I worked with him for the last time......I wish I would have told him how much I enjoyed knowing him....and working with him then. You just don't know what the future holds....and I will always regret not sharing that with him...how much I was honored to not only work with him....but know him.

He treated me as a friend from the first day we worked together just two short years ago.

Bubba....I know some where up there.....you're racing...and teaching others the ropes of drag racing and photography.

God Speed My Friend.....I'm a better person for knowing you and so grateful to have worked with you.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back