Div 7 opener pics (1 Viewer)

Great Pictures. Apparently John's car (funny car, foolish Money) broke the steering column, so the first burn out is why he crossed over the centerline, and I guess they thought it was fixed, but when he did the burnout some thing else goofy happened. So rather than shutting Rian down, they let him make the run.
Nancy, are saying that Patton had problems on their final run too?

They told me that the steering box mount broke after the burnout from the dreaded "burnout wobble/shimmy" with the box landing between the tranny and John. Kevin ran to the car and straightened the front wheels not knowing the mount had broken. John was able to backup enough to move away from the centerline a safe distance. Seeing John couldn't steer, Kevin told him to get out of the car so the other guy could make his run, which I thought was nice move on their part.

Unfortunately, I had to leave before their final attempt. I know Kevin fixed the mount and was towing the car around the pits checking the front alignment.

Too bad for the Foolish Money gang, they're a great group of guys who work their tails off.

Thanks for the pics, Gary! I posted links to them on my site also .. hope you don't mind!
How's the weather down there today? It was 75 and sunny here yesterday. Today it's 35 and blowing snow. :confused: :eek:

Nancy, are saying that Patton had problems on their final run too?

Too bad for the Foolish Money gang, they're a great group of guys who work their tails off.

that was my understanding. If I hear different, I will sure post as such.

It really is too bad for them, they are really great friends.

Thanks Gary - great stuff! Especially liked TD and TS shots - lots of folks have never seen these cars. That T/S yellow Ford coupe that crashed is amazing, two huge turbos and efi - :eek:

Thanks for the pics, Gary! I posted links to them on my site also .. hope you don't mind!
How's the weather down there today? It was 75 and sunny here yesterday. Today it's 35 and blowing snow. :confused: :eek:

It was a big change today from yesterday, alot cooler and windy. I had to leave right before all the finals :( Got some good pics though, I'll post them up later tonight. That max wedge sure made a mess though, lots of oil and pieces :eek:

Anyone know how Jeff Jackson did in the rug doctor stang in S/ST? I know he made the semi's..

Anyone know how Jeff Jackson did in the rug doctor stang in S/ST? I know he made the semi's..

I just got done checking all the results over at DRC, and unfortunately he lost the final on a 10.88 breakout. Here is the call from David Gerard...

Super Street Final, Round 7 Eliminations

7736 Keith Manogue 0.018 10.905 139.52 ****WINNER****
6143 Jeff Jackson 0.023 10.880 149.13
Slight advantage off the line for Montague and that pushes Jackson out on the top end to take the breakout win in Super Street.

I just got done checking all the results over at DRC, and unfortunately he lost the final on a 10.88 breakout. Here is the call from David Gerard...

Super Street Final, Round 7 Eliminations

7736 Keith Manogue 0.018 10.905 139.52 ****WINNER****
6143 Jeff Jackson 0.023 10.880 149.13
Slight advantage off the line for Montague and that pushes Jackson out on the top end to take the breakout win in Super Street.

Bummer, thanks though :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back