Div 7 race Bakersfield (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
The last couple of days, I have been switching back and forth from the Div 3 race (NHRA.TV) and the Div 7 race. The track (Famoso) has
it's own feed on YouTube (picture and sound iffy at best). On Thursday did I here right that Jon Dunn's (I was doing laundry in another
room) daughter Johnna was in the seat of an A/Fuel dragster, getting licensed. If so, very cool. One more thing the 3 drivers at
Bakersfield, that didn't make the show (TAD). I don't think, I have never heard of before? Any info, the link below.

Last edited:
Jerry Kumre has been running A/Fuel in the Nostalgia Series for a number of years. Arnold Birky had been working with him, in what I believe was Arnold's last NTF car. Seems Jerry found another ride, and is moving on up.

The other 2 names, I have never heard of, which isn't uncommon these days. Except for Johnna Dunn, which is way cool. 👍 👍 ❤️

Kaycee Mele is driving the Brazil family alcohol dragster. I believe she is related to them. I’m not positive but I think Blinzler Is part of the Ruckman family that ran TAFC for a while.

I don't recall a Div 7 race at Famoso in recent years. Is this a recent change, or am I just out of the loop?

Also, I agree about Johnna Dunn, if true. I wonder what the plans would be for her? And who's A/Fuel car was she in? I don't recall hearing about her having seat time in any other class before, such as Super Comp.

I don't recall a Div 7 race at Famoso in recent years. Is this a recent change, or am I just out of the loop?

Also, I agree about Johnna Dunn, if true. I wonder what the plans would be for her? And who's A/Fuel car was she in? I don't recall hearing about her having seat time in any other class before, such as Super Comp.
Johnna has attended Frank Hawkey driving school. I do believe her final goal is to drive the family funny car. She made some runs in Johnny Ahtens AFF back in August in Vegas.

Johnna has attended Frank Hawkey driving school. I do believe her final goal is to drive the family funny car. She made some runs in Johnny Ahtens AFF back in August in Vegas.

I'd be surprised if that happened, because they have usually relied on a "Pay to Play" driver to help fund their Funny Car operation.

Now that I think of it, it's interesting that Jon Dunn apparently has never wanted to be a driver.

Also Will Martin is making his TA/FC debut. Son of John Martin (Jam-Air Special)

Pretty much a brand new car end to end.
Not too long ago he had the complete car for sale on Racing Junk or Facebook. I’m glad he decided to keep the car and run it. Always good to have some new blood in the TAFC ranks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back