Chuy's Fuel Altered Classic (1 Viewer)

kegs

Nitro Member
Holder's Heating and Air presents the Chuy's Fuel Altered Classic Sept. 19th at Auto Club Famoso Raceway Bakersfield Ca. This year we will be running with the Div.7 race and after 3:00 Sat. all spectators get in free. Altereds are scheduled to run at 6:30 and 9:30 between the Semis and Finals of the Lucas race.
Cars that will be running include the nitro cars of Greg Daebelliehn "Fast n Forty", James Generaloa "Impatient Racing", Chris Bennett "Pure Heaven", Ron Maroney "Shark Attack", Craig Michaels "Vegas Heat", Vince Generaloa "Nanook", Keith Wilson "Kaos Racing" and Ron Hope "Rat Trap".
Also making runs will be the Alcohol cars of Jim Maroney "Blind Faith", Dale Boomgaarten (ran 6.50 last year), Austin Frye, Gil Valencia, George Johns and Dave Ward "Dinosaur".
Our annual prerace party will be Thursday the 17th at Chuy's on Rosedale with a live radio and food and drink specials.

Auto Club Famoso Raceway

Last edited:
John,

It sounds like a great race again this year. Best of luck with everything. :cool:

I am going to be there for this race sometime for sure. :cool:

Rapid

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. Hopefully next year you guys can make it. Good luck killing defenseless animals.

John,
How about a race report:D ...

He's thinking about it....

chuysaltereds09126.jpg

:p

my pics are coming soon

The first pair up are Greg Daebelliehn in the Fast N Forty Fiat who peddled twice to a 6.06 but finished behind Keith Wilson in his Kaos Racing entry tuned by Jeff Deihl which ran a 5.82. Keiths first 5 second run. Chris Bennett in Pure Heaven ran a 6.38 to beat Vince Generaloas 6.55 in the legendary Nanook. 3rd pair Jim Maroney was unable to back up from the burnout and watched as Craig Michaels ran his first 5 second run with a 5.92. Rounding out the Nitro guys was James Generaloa in Impatient Racing running a 6.89 beside Ron Hope in Rat Trap who got all kinds of crossed up and finished behind James in his lane.
The Alcohol guys started with Dale Boomgaarden running 6.96 beside George Johns troubled 8.89. Gil Valencia recorded no time as Dave Ward in Dinosaur ran a 7.32. Ron Maroney ran an early shutoff 7.12 to beat Austin Fryes 7.67. And two of the neatest cars to watch closed the show with Rick Ackerman in Purgatory running 8.90 to Stormy Byrds 9.52.
That was the best first round I have had at one of my races and was really looking forward to second round but one of the Div.7 Stock cars oiled both lanes and after a looooong delay it was decided not to make a second pass.
I have the absolute most respect for the above mentioned racers who totally understood the circumstances and caused no problems for myself or track personal. They will all have an invitation back and I will book as many as possible at any other venues I'm involved in.

Sounds like everyone there deserves a standing "O" for the show.

(john are the margaritas ready YET!):D

The first pair up are Greg Daebelliehn in the Fast N Forty Fiat who peddled twice to a 6.06 but finished behind Keith Wilson in his Kaos Racing entry tuned by Jeff Deihl which ran a 5.82. Keiths first 5 second run. Chris Bennett in Pure Heaven ran a 6.38 to beat Vince Generaloas 6.55 in the legendary Nanook. 3rd pair Jim Maroney was unable to back up from the burnout and watched as Craig Michaels ran his first 5 second run with a 5.92. Rounding out the Nitro guys was James Generaloa in Impatient Racing running a 6.89 beside Ron Hope in Rat Trap who got all kinds of crossed up and finished behind James in his lane.
The Alcohol guys started with Dale Boomgaarden running 6.96 beside George Johns troubled 8.89. Gil Valencia recorded no time as Dave Ward in Dinosaur ran a 7.32. Ron Maroney ran an early shutoff 7.12 to beat Austin Fryes 7.67. And two of the neatest cars to watch closed the show with Rick Ackerman in Purgatory running 8.90 to Stormy Byrds 9.52.
That was the best first round I have had at one of my races and was really looking forward to second round but one of the Div.7 Stock cars oiled both lanes and after a looooong delay it was decided not to make a second pass.
I have the absolute most respect for the above mentioned racers who totally understood the circumstances and caused no problems for myself or track personal. They will all have an invitation back and I will book as many as possible at any other venues I'm involved in.
Great stuff, John. I'm sure the stocker felt bad..but you were dealing with a bunch of professionals..and they'll be back..bigger than ever next time.

Congrats..and thanks for the update.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back