Chuy's Fuel Altered Classic (1 Viewer)

kegs

Nitro Member
Holder's Heating and Air presents the Chuy's Fuel Altered Classic Sept. 6th at Auto Club Famoso Raceway. Featured Nitro cars include Rat Trap, Nanook, Winged Express, Impatient Racing, Vegas Heat, No Mercy, Sullivan and Haight, the MOB and Fast N Forty. Also running will be the 6 second Alcohol cars of Kent Spect, James Hartley (Mike Halstead driving), Richard Phillips and Dale Bloomgardeen. In addition the 7 second cars of Austin Frye, George Johns, Dale Dow, Dave Ward (Dinosaur), Dave Gruzen (Malicious Mouse) and Gil Valencia will also be running.
Robert Reehl Equipment will be sponsoring the Low ET Bonus award.
Additional sponsors include Chancellor Oil Tool and Budweiser.
Racer gates open at Noon with spectator gates at 2:00. Altereds start running at 7:00pm.

Auto Club Famoso Raceway

John,

Best of luck with the event. Fuel Altereds at BAKERSFIELD,,,now how cool is that! John's events just keep getting better. :cool:

If you attend this race, be sure to go to the Chuy's joint and have dinner. It is great food. :cool: Heck, tell them Rapid sent ya,,,they won't know who you mean, but tell them anyway like it "Should" mean something. :D

Rapid

Last edited:
SoCal guys, if you can go , DO SO! I've had a great time at this event, AND WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN FUEL ALTEREDS UNDER THE LIGHTS AT FAMOSA!

Hmmm.... I don't know, I don't want to get thrown out of the place. :p

Last year before the race I stopped in and had the mahi-mahi tacos.
What should I have this year?

A bunch of guys were ordering Tri-tip,,,whatever that is. They liked it.

I went with a cheesebuger deal that was GREAT! :D

Rapid

PS, If the Rapid deal doesn't work out too good,,,,use John's name. He is a local hero. ;)

If your in the area on Thursday the 4th stop by Chuy's on Rosedale for our prerace party and car display. Cars scheduled to attend are Rat Trap, Nanook, Fast N Forty, Impatient Racing, Winged Express and Estrus. Also the Acohol cars of George Johns and Austin Frye.
There will be a live radio remote with plenty of give aways and great food and drink specials.

To John

Hi John you ever check your P M or phone calls I left messages for you have not heard back from you as of yet hope your weekend was good!

Thanks James

I just got off the phone with Dave. The hot rod is all back together and in the trailer ready for the weekend festivities at Bakersfield.

Very cool bit of team work to make it all happen. :cool:

Rapid

The first pair of Altereds down the track were Mike Boyd in the Sullivan and Haight car against Greg Daebelliehn in Fast N Forty. Boyd sets new track record ET and MPH with a 5.43 @273.80 while Daebellihn had problems.
The final was Boyd against Chris Bennett in the No Mercy Fiat. Another impressive run from Boyd with a 5.63 @273.22 while Bennett ran a 7.08
Dale Boomgaarden in his Alcohol powered ride ran a very impressive 6.50 which next to Boyd was the second quickest car.
Chris Bennett 6.60 7.08
James Generaloa 6.78 6.72
Vince Generaloa 6.64 Broke on burnout
Craig Michaels 6.74 8.32
Rat Trap 7.70 8.26 Popped the blower
Daebelliehn 16.47 9.89 blew it up BIG TIME
Winged Express broke on the burnout
Dave Ward 7.39 10.24
Boomgaarden 7.55 6.50
Austin Frye 7.69 7.42
Gil Valencia 7.72 7.59
Kent Specht 8.40 9.59 ran a 6.66 testing Friday night