Div 7 opener pics (1 Viewer)

Think so. They had to pit the floppers and some of the TAD's on the specator side, I guess they ran out of room on the pit side. :D

Great pictures!!!! Some awesome looking cars there......Included in this group is the second time I saw one of those dragsters with the fender flares on them...Is there a paricular west coast manufacturer that is making these? How do they run do the fender flares help them??? Interesting!!!

That's a Tom Yancer creation.

I noticed a twin turbo creation in Top Dragster. Looked like an AJ small block with a pair of Ron's Terminators or Toilets. Would love to know more about it.

Great photos!!!

Hey what kind of engine is in that Rolling Thunder TD? Is it a Sonny Leonard Hemi-Chevy? Neat looking car. Thanks again for the pics, keep 'em coming if you can. I love seeing the sportsman pics---alky cars, TD, altereds, etc. It's not often we get to see pics of these cars.

Great pics Gary. Thanks for posting them!

I thought those wheel spats were interesting too, also the "double inlet" airscoop on the same car. Wonder what the idea is behind that? Especially since the two holes are not the same size. :confused:

Liked that white Road Runner super gas car. Always nice to see "something different" besides "me too!" Camaros. Super gas and super street are good for that.

Is that orange Gremlin the same one I've seen in wheelstanding contests?? Sure looks like it.

Last edited:
Hey what kind of engine is in that Rolling Thunder TD? Is it a Sonny Leonard Hemi-Chevy? Neat looking car. Thanks again for the pics, keep 'em coming if you can. I love seeing the sportsman pics---alky cars, TD, altereds, etc. It's not often we get to see pics of these cars.
That is a Ford motor built by Bobby Panella. Paul Gladden is the owner.

The rear wheel covers are a Chuck Phelps deal. He took the idea to Yancer and Tom did not really like the idea. Chuck insisted that he have them on his new Yancer car. They began production. Chuck wanted it to keep the car clean from the mess the tires make in the burnout. (And a few smaller reasons too.) Before Tom finished the car and the tubs for Chuck, he showed up with them on his new car and won best engineered.
Tom now offers them as an option on his dragsters.

Thanks for the pictures. I love that 57 T-bird (pics numbers 23, 13, 102, 103) and it's good to see that Fred Gross (pic # 56) will be racing in comp this weekend-he's a good guy.

Kirk Kuhns ran his Pro Mod in the Top Sportman class, so Top Comp, Along with a couple of other Pro Mods here testing and running in Top Sportsman.

Have a bunch more pics from yesterday, havent had time to post them yet. A couple big oil downs really killed the day. One from the starting line to mid track, then one from 330' to the top end. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back