Did I miss something? (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
In Bazemores interview on Comp PLus he talks about a remote controlled shut off device. I don't remember hearing about this or having hearing about it not really realizing what was being talked about. Is this a reality or what? Could someone point me to the article that presented this in the first place? Thanks

I believe something was being tested late in the summer/eraly fall but can't remember exactly how it worked.

There is a new required electronic shutoff device for TF and FC, you can read about it in the NHRA.com news archives. There was a discussion about making it be able to be deployed remotely. To date, it only works by sensing manifold pressure.

There is a new required electronic shutoff device for TF and FC, you can read about it in the NHRA.com news archives. There was a discussion about making it be able to be deployed remotely. To date, it only works by sensing manifold pressure.

Correct, it's not remote at this point (outside controlled) but there is a sensor in front of the burst panel(s) with a tirgger to shut everything down.
There was a link on here awhile back to the company that makes it that showed pictures and how it worked.

Yes Thank You! That is what I was aware of and if not mistaken that system was deployed on several runs at Vegas Or Pomona. It deploys when the burst panel activates. Do not remember that it could be remotely deployed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back