Dave Connolly (1 Viewer)

Its ok to have attitude ,its ok to be mad ,Its ok to be cocky and confident. BUT dont go on national tv and act like a spoiled little baby. I personally think hes better driver than Jeggie and the rest of the pro stock field.But this is the deep end of the pool and you are expected to act in a professional and grown up manner..... in Pomona and a few races toward the end of the year he did not . I would have warned him a few times before canning him though. There was plenty of other ways to handle it and get his point across . Just my opinion

Chris, while everyone is entitled to their opinion and is free to express them, I have to wonder how many Pro Stock Championships you have been in contention for at the age of 22-23 or however old Dave is? Teammates or not, competing at that level in professional sports is an emotional roller coaster.

I don't think there is much chance of Dave Connolly tuning into a WJ of top end interviews though and THAT is a good thing. ;) The kid has come a long way in his short time in the Big League. Give him a break.

When a driver brings his own sponsor to the table, (Jeg's) it can be pretty hard for other drivers on a team to catch a break sometimes.

Personally,I think Dave is the better driver of the two and I wish him success in landing a sponsor so he can pound 'em all on the tree again in '08!

Good luck Dave. Missing you at the Winters.

And, you were there when the comment was made, right? Didn't think so! Another unnecessary WJ slam. Just can't help yourself, can you? It must be hell to be bitter.

Pat

Pat, I seriously doubt that Jackee was taking a shot at WJ. We've all seen Warren take shots at his competitors, and speaking of competitors, Jackee has first hand knowledge...she's actually raced against him in Pro Stock.

If there seems to be an unusually large number of WJ slams it might be good to take a step back and ask yourself why it happens. The view is usually cloudy up close and clearer from a few steps back.

Pat, I seriously doubt that Jackee was taking a shot at WJ. We've all seen Warren take shots at his competitors, and speaking of competitors, Jackee has first hand knowledge...she's actually raced against him in Pro Stock.

If there seems to be an unusually large number of WJ slams it might be good to take a step back and ask yourself why it happens. The view is usually cloudy up close and clearer from a few steps back.

John, you have no idea of what you speak! I think you best do a little bit of research before you question my view.

Pat

If Summit Racing can sponsor two PS cars, so can jegs. Step up to the plate guys, put Dave in a car at Pheonix

You wouldn't know about taking shots would you? You have done it too and who cares if Jackee raced against him. I would think Pat would know WJ after being a long time crew chief for him and would be qualified to comment on how WJ does things.

You wouldn't know about taking shots would you? You have done it too and who cares if Jackee raced against him. I would think Pat would know WJ after being a long time crew chief for him and would be qualified to comment on how WJ does things.

Geez guys, calm down. All I said was that everyone doesn't share the same opinion...which is what makes this country strong and what drives message boards like this. We all have the freedom and liberty to express our thoughts. If they don't match yours it doesn't make them wrong...just different. This isn't a dictatorship....Jackee (or whomever) have the freedom to express their beliefs.

Geez guys, calm down. All I said was that everyone doesn't share the same opinion...which is what makes this country strong and what drives message boards like this. We all have the freedom and liberty to express our thoughts. If they don't match yours it doesn't make them wrong...just different. This isn't a dictatorship....Jackee (or whomever) have the freedom to express their beliefs.

No argument with that, but I think you got into trouble when you wrote:

"Jackee has first hand knowledge...she's actually raced against him in Pro Stock."

As many of us know, Pat has a LOT more knowledge of Warren than most.
I raced against WJ quite a bit, and got used to watching him go by us at 1100 feet way too many times. I never got to like it but I sure didn't hold it against him.

Even when I was told by a integral party of the WJ team that we shouldn't be out there since we were taking money from people who were trying to make a living, I understood the concept. I sure didn't agree and actually laughed at the statement.

For what it's worth, I'm continually amazed at the number of people who still buy into the whole schtick.

Let me ask you this, since you're a Mopar fan. Did you really think the legendary WJ/Geoffrion burndown at Gainesville was two racers letting their emotions get the best of them?

Trust me. Warren is very aware of the need for fan interest - and is one of the better showmen in the class.

if that post Geoffrion burndown interview was acting, than Warren shoulda been nominated for an Oscar that year cause he sure didnt look like he was kidding around, he was furious. In both of those incidents with Connolly and Geoffrion, Warren won both races. Can u imagine what it woulda been like had he lost ??

And, you were there when the comment was made, right? Didn't think so! Another unnecessary WJ slam. Just can't help yourself, can you? It must be hell to be bitter.

Pat

Ahhh.... I'm sure it's been a long Winter for the Defenders of WJ. And thanks for the chuckle.

No, I wasn't there. I saw it on TV just like milions of others. That was no 'havin' a little fun with Connolly' comment. Anyone could see/hear that. He was pissed. Period. There has never, ever been any mistaking when WJ is PO'd.

You call it a 'slam' .... Other call it , calling a spade a spade. Of course, I do not expect you to see it that way. Your choice.

Bitter? Of what? Of who? I have no bitterness for anyone in my life, past or present. I just call things as I see them. I'm sure you do the same. But bitter? Never in a million years. There is nothing to be bitter about regarding WJ.

To bring this thread back online, Good luck Dave... hope to see you out there real soon.

and speaking of competitors, Jackee has first hand knowledge...she's actually raced against him in Pro Stock.

John, while it's true about knowledge, ... I did not race against him. Frankie & Ray did.

Can't argue with your reasoning in your 2nd statement though.

Crew chiefs are not the only people qualified to comment, Mike. Anyone with actual experiences should be able to. Because the comments differ, doesn't make either wrong. Simply a different point of view based on those experiences.

Back to Dave Connolly, I hope. ;)

Last edited:
No argument with that, but I think you got into trouble when you wrote:

"Jackee has first hand knowledge...she's actually raced against him in Pro Stock."

As many of us know, Pat has a LOT more knowledge of Warren than most.
I raced against WJ quite a bit, and got used to watching him go by us at 1100 feet way too many times. I never got to like it but I sure didn't hold it against him.

Even when I was told by a integral party of the WJ team that we shouldn't be out there since we were taking money from people who were trying to make a living, I understood the concept. I sure didn't agree and actually laughed at the statement.

For what it's worth, I'm continually amazed at the number of people who still buy into the whole schtick.

Let me ask you this, since you're a Mopar fan. Did you really think the legendary WJ/Geoffrion burndown at Gainesville was two racers letting their emotions get the best of them?

Trust me. Warren is very aware of the need for fan interest - and is one of the better showmen in the class.

I take it that you believe my opinion of WJ comes from him beating us? You could not be more wrong. If any racer forms an opinion about another racer based on losing to him/her, they need to find another line of work.

The comment by "an integral party of the WJ team that we shouldn't be out there since we were taking money from people who were trying to make a living, " seems pretty tasteless and it would probably been better left out of this conversation.... Even if it was said in jest, many people only have message boards and media from which to form their opinions.

Racers "make their living" by qualifying for a 16 car field and by racing whoever is in the other lane.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back