Dave Connolly (1 Viewer)

Based on an edited TV interview where the first think out of Gary G's mouth is ALWAYS 'you just loss, and maybe ended your shot at the championship.... how do you feel?' and DC told him...

I really wonder what ended up on the edit room floor... We Need Drama! just ask the suits in Glendora... and then everyone gets pissed because DC answered the question and it wasn't little league nicey nice...

d'kid

but most of all, it gave him the potential to win the championship,

Yes, Lance, but if I interpret the points that Tim posted, he would've been within striking distance by Vegas with the old system also. Either way, he had the "potential" you're talking about after the 5-race tear, right? He just happened to have bad outings at the last 2 races, which would've done him in under either format.

But Tim makes a great point about there being a big difference between 2nd and 3rd. Once the champ is crowned, that seems to get overlooked a little.

Sean D

warrenjg2.jpg

WJ has a framed,blown up copy of this hanging on his wall. Don't ask how I know this,I just do.:D

Based on an edited TV interview where the first think out of Gary G's mouth is ALWAYS 'you just loss, and maybe ended your shot at the championship.... how do you feel?' and DC told him...

I really wonder what ended up on the edit room floor... We Need Drama! just ask the suits in Glendora... and then everyone gets pissed because DC answered the question and it wasn't little league nicey nice...

d'kid

Right on, brother! DC's comments may have come across a little sharp, but we've all heard much worse. As far as I'm concerned, if these geniuses with the mics are going to take the chance of asking such a dumb question, then be prepared for the answer. On that note, I'm with you, Karl. We need a whole lot more of that and a whole lot less of the cookie-cutter interviews.

Sean D

I agree Ian, but I would expect him to be gracious in defeat.
Lance, Lance, Lance...gracious in defeat? You work your butt off..and it didn't work out. Gracious..probably not in the best of circumstances. Humble? Let's hope so..in winning as well.

It's a fargin tough gig, man. But it really comes down to how you do when it counts (ask the Giants).

Dave had his shot last year..and came up short..wasn't the car..it was himself..and I believe that is where the frustration barrels in. And I don't blame him for showing that emotion when the camera was on. It's not like he had a choice (thanks Karl).

IMO no one really has the right to sit here and criticize..again IMO...and also IMO..hehe.

Either way you look at it Dave lost the championship by 85 points by the old system and 91 points by the new system, thats 5 rounds either way. So you can't say the Countdown hurt him at all.

But that's not really fair either. As Capps said in an interview for Nat'l Dragster, you can't compare countdown vs. not. People raced differently because of the countdown. Took more chances leading up to the various cutoffs. Who knows what team orders did/didn't get invoked because of the cutoffs. So simply comparing the two points schemes mathematically doesn't tell the whole story...

Lance, Lance, Lance...gracious in defeat? You work your butt off..and it didn't work out. Gracious..probably not in the best of circumstances. Humble? Let's hope so..in winning as well.

It's a fargin tough gig, man. But it really comes down to how you do when it counts (ask the Giants).

Dave had his shot last year..and came up short..wasn't the car..it was himself..and I believe that is where the frustration barrels in. And I don't blame him for showing that emotion when the camera was on. It's not like he had a choice (thanks Karl).

IMO no one really has the right to sit here and criticize..again IMO...and also IMO..hehe.
...........and it didn't help that right before they stuck a mike in his face, Jeggie took him out with a .006 holeshot! However, you are 100% correct, we have no place to sit here and criticize his actions. Do we know exactly what we would say under the same circumstances, probably not? I do know one thing though, he would have been better off not saying anything at all because he really did come across as a sore loser............

Personal Opinion Here....

A good loser is still a loser...

I don't want to hear how wonder the guy that just beat you is...
I want you to say how much it sucked to lose, because losing sucks...
and if you lost because you screwed up, you'd better be pissed, because if your attitude is it's okay to lose, you will always Be a Loser...

It's never okay to lose... EVER...

Rant all you want DC, just means you've got the FIRE of a WINNER in your GUT.

(got benched in Little League for the last four games of the season for not congratulating the team that beat us one game, coach couldn't understand when I said;'They beat us, I'm not happy about it, and I'm not going to congratulate someone for beating us... that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard...) turned in my uniform before the next game...

d'kid

man as competitive as I am in sports I'm glad nobody ever sticks a mic in my face after a tough game. Some of you might need therapy if you heard my reactions at times. I don't ever lash out at the other guy, usually just po'd at myself. Give the guy a break he just lost a heartbreaking round. I could see if he acted like that every time, then there is an issue. But someone is seconds from the loss and a mic is jammed in their face asking how do they feel.

I always thought the tv guys cornered Whit on this too, they knew he was emotional and if they got to him quick enough they could push him over the edge.

People complain that interviews are too canned and boring but then when someone does show emotion by crying or getting mad, then they get ripped on for that. IF you want true emotion then you must accept the highs and lows that come with that.

Personal Opinion Here....

A good loser is still a loser...

I don't want to hear how wonder the guy that just beat you is...
I want you to say how much it sucked to lose, because losing sucks...
and if you lost because you screwed up, you'd better be pissed, because if your attitude is it's okay to lose, you will always Be a Loser...

It's never okay to lose... EVER...

Rant all you want DC, just means you've got the FIRE of a WINNER in your GUT.

(got benched in Little League for the last four games of the season for not congratulating the team that beat us one game, coach couldn't understand when I said;'They beat us, I'm not happy about it, and I'm not going to congratulate someone for beating us... that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard...) turned in my uniform before the next game...

d'kid

Totally agree!

Off topic but a question for Carl Stalcup. I used to buy Elf fuel in Calif. Is that you? Just curious.
Thanks.

Off topic but a question for Carl Stalcup. I used to buy Elf fuel in Calif. Is that you? Just curious.
Thanks.

Worked at Hart Chevron back in '72-73, Valley View and Chapman in West Garden Grove.... don't think ELF even had a distributor in SoCal back then... left SoCal for good almost 25 years ago...

(could be a kid I don't know about):eek::eek:

d'kid

Worked at Hart Chevron back in '72-73, Valley View and Chapman in West Garden Grove.... don't think ELF even had a distributor in SoCal back then... left SoCal for good almost 25 years ago...

(could be a kid I don't know about):eek::eek:

d'kid

Sorry I misspelled your first name. This guy was in San Clemente, Ca. around 99-2000. Oh well.

Just my .02 worth (and does anybody know why my computer keyboard doesnt have a cent sign?)

LOSING SUCKS--And anybody who thinks it doesn't, ain't trying hard enough.

If I had some guy with a microphone run up after I just lost my shot at a championship and say:
Gee, you just lost the race, blew up your motor, yours sponsor filed bankruptcy, your wife was just seen leaving with Roy Hill, and by the way WJ's transporter just backed over your dog---HOW DO YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW? Well, lets just say I wouldn't want my momma watching the interview.

Everybody says things in the heat of battle they wish they could take back. Just ask any of my ex-wives.

And lastly....anybody know where I can buy a WJ back to school poster. My Visa number awaits.:)

Who's wife would leave with Roy Hill??
Now if Kim A. is leaving.....I'm at the front of the bus!!

God...Sweeney is going to have a field day with that!

And lastly....anybody know where I can buy a WJ back to school poster. My Visa number awaits.:)

Save the picture to your documents,copy it to disk,take it to Kinko's and have one made. It will only blow up to about 11x17 without getting distorted but it makes a great wall picture. Now,I don't know where I heard this but it's a great idea.:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back