Dan Brickey passes (1 Viewer)

Having the chance to work for NHRA for the past 12 years, I have had the honor of getting to know Dan Brickey, as well as many wonderful men and women of the NHRA Safety Safari. Working on that starting line in the dead heat of summer is pretty tough work. When we would get a chance to take a break, I would always find shade under the tower at Bandimere, sit down behind Truck 1, have a few bottles of water and Brickey would always ask me if I needed anything. Every Saturday morning, Dan would ride up on his little motorcycle, or up in his golf cart, and throw me a little bottle of sunscreen and say..."Don't forget to lather up there Timmy", and ride off with that wicked grin. I had the chance about 3 years ago, to sit down with him and just talk. He asked about my "REAL JOB", my family, and how I got into drag racing. Well, at the end of about 30 mins, he gave me one of the best complements ever. When I told him how much I wanted to be a racer, he said, "I'd gladly cheer for you kid!"

Dan was one of the good guys out there! A person with a tremendous heart, who earned a huge amount of respect from the drivers, crews, and staff at NHRA. He will be missed.

Godspeed Mr. Brickey!

This is terrible. Dan was a really good guy and he really cared about the racers. Very sorry to hear this. My best to his family and friends.

Dave

Worked for Dan the first 2 yrs. I worked th U S Natoinals. He was a TRUE por at his job and one fantastic guy .RIP my friend.

So very sad. I was hoping the heart he was waiting for would bring him back to the races because they just weren't the same without him. I just loved that man. What a wonderful safety director who truly cared about everyone and it showed. He will be sorely missed! God Speed, Dan!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back