Countdown To The Championship Policies (1 Viewer)

Yeah the win at all cost is gonna hurt just on player "Jim" if he can stay in the chase. I was thinking along the lines of 5 of the eight so far are "team" cars, so lets see the "team" cars line up against each other and see what happens in first round at each race.

Wonder what people would think of the chase then. :rolleyes: JFR fans would be at a loss as well as DSR fans but it might make for some interesting races. :rolleyes:

Back from holiday, was going to read this when I saw it pop up on the site, but was like "No I just don't care about it anymore" But Steve you made me go take a look, and what a headache that was to read all I got to say is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: NHRA amaze me on so many levels!

What the heck? Are there any competors that say have no credits then they automatically get one credit?
If a competitor hasn't had ANY oil downs do they get penalized to one credit ?
This countdown thing is just a bag of doggy poop (ring and run so called fun)
Am I missing something here?

each Countdown competitor will have his or her oildown credits readjusted to one credit as it relates to points deductions during eliminations. Also, entering the Countdown to One in Las Vegas, each of the top four teams will, once again, have oildown credits readjusted to one oildown credit as it relates to points deductions during eliminations.

Well I must say.......ah forget it:rolleyes:

Wow PJ, I expected a 1,000 word response from you on this one. What kind of meds are you taking today?:D

actually I will even give them credit for making the rules better known before it actually rolled into the fake 8.
Granted one may think these things would have been thought of and announced when they first came out with it rather then just being "highlighted" now but I'm not one to be picky:D

Wow PJ, I expected a 1,000 word response from you on this one. What kind of meds are you taking today?:D

and see you even came here looking to read it, I know deep down you agree with me and would rather see the old true system in place but you just like being difficult:p

I'm at the point, if you can't Qualify in the same number of Passes everyone else had... then that should blow your chance at being the countdown guest of honor...

which is why the count should be a separate field away from the real race... like maybe bring a play-off car and a Race Car.... you're in the chase, double your workload if it means that much...

or like I've said, only the players.... no open field...

that would make the Finals a two hour live TV show

the driver with the most round wins through the first 17 races will win the tie

John better keep his fingers crossed he doesn't tie with someone. :eek:

The current oildown policy and associated penalties continue to be in effect. However, in order to create a level playing field for the Top 8 teams in the “Countdown to 4”

Since when did the NHRA care about a level playing field....If thats the case then the top 8 need a race by themselves and team cars need to match up in first round to curb any tire shake or smoking that might occur. Glad they are finally looking out for the little guy. :rolleyes:

What the heck? Are there any competors that say have no credits then they automatically get one credit?
If a competitor hasn't had ANY oil downs do they get penalized to one credit ?
This countdown thing is just a bag of doggy poop (ring and run so called fun)
Am I missing something here?

each Countdown competitor will have his or her oildown credits readjusted to one credit as it relates to points deductions during eliminations. Also, entering the Countdown to One in Las Vegas, each of the top four teams will, once again, have oildown credits readjusted to one oildown credit as it relates to points deductions during eliminations.

I just got off the phone with my NHRA "Confidential Informant" ... the rules for the "Countdown" are NOT SET IN STONE... They (NHRA) may have to refine or make some "Rule Changes" as the COUNTDOWN continues on... I was told in certain circumstances it may come down to a flip of the coin if all of the "Tie Breakers" have been used.. also if the Final race looks too one sided NHRA will have the option of adding weight (if its Pro Stock or PSM) If its a Fuel car, they (NHRA) can make a rule change re: blower overdrive or Nitro%... AND this rule can apply to only ONE Of The Cars Running its all in the effort of "Fairness" example if a high $$ Team Car is running a low buck car some kind of equalizer will be put into effect :) all in the interest of putting on a good show!

Now for the real kicker... ya ready...NHRA will be contacting PJ for advice on how to keep the Countdown FAIR!!

You telling me that NHRA officials are wearing pajamas?
LOL
they really should dress up like clowns as this countdown circus is just that - a circus with clowns running it.

I just got off the phone with my NHRA "Confidential Informant" ... the rules for the "Countdown" are NOT SET IN STONE... They (NHRA) may have to refine or make some "Rule Changes" as the COUNTDOWN continues on... I was told in certain circumstances it may come down to a flip of the coin if all of the "Tie Breakers" have been used.. also if the Final race looks too one sided NHRA will have the option of adding weight (if its Pro Stock or PSM) If its a Fuel car, they (NHRA) can make a rule change re: blower overdrive or Nitro%... AND this rule can apply to only ONE Of The Cars Running its all in the effort of "Fairness" example if a high $$ Team Car is running a low buck car some kind of equalizer will be put into effect :) all in the interest of putting on a good show!

I'm sure all of this is clearly defined in the Policy Manual - which supposedly resides in the tower and is written in erasable ink.
Would you like to be a team owner trying to explain to your sponsor that the rules will probably change if you do too well in the Countdown?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back