Cory Mac to start his own team (1 Viewer)

I hope things work out for Cory. Unfortunately he's gotten more exposure for his crashes than successes. He's been one of the best out there for a long time. He has certainly devoted his life to the sport, so I would love to see him reap some big rewards. I know there are sponsor logos to consider, but I hope even for 1 race he sports the colors of his '92 car. Still a bass-a** looking car, 15 years later.

Did I read that correctly? Scott Griffin is still going to be a part of the program on the hospitality side? Where is all the stuff he bought from the Carrier Boyz going? Will Rahn still be involved? Do I remind anyone of a kid on a long trip?:D:D

So many questions?

I was just think about that rahn just went over there. We will have to see:)

The only reason I mentioned blocker was that it seems odd to have to buy new stuff when they guy who owned his stuff before is still with him??

Why not just buy that and use it?

Also does this mean Tahbler is now with Cory or does Scott have something else going on (which is why Cory couldn't buy the stuff)

The only reason I mentioned blocker was that it seems odd to have to buy new stuff when they guy who owned his stuff before is still with him??

Why not just buy that and use it?

Also does this mean Tahbler is now with Cory or does Scott have something else going on (which is why Cory couldn't buy the stuff)

Or maybe Scott Doesn't own the stuff they are using?

Don't some of you guys read? I swear some people read half the story and jump to Nitromater to give thier 2 cents before they read the enite story and think about it for a second. Cory is not buying the stuff, he is leasing it. Similar to how Bazemore leased his deal out years ago. It's probably a race to race deal, where the lease is $XXX amount per race for the rest of the year, or whatever the term is. I assume it is becasue Cory does not have the funds to buy a team outright for now, but with sponsor money coming in, he can lease the stuff from Don and continue on without missing any races.

Also, if Cory matched his lease term with the sponsorship term for when his sponsorship is up, (or Cory looses his sponsors) Don gets the stuff back, and Cory is not stuck with a top fuel team he can not afford to run by himself like he would be if he bought it. This deal makes a lot of sense to finish out the season with.

Last edited:
Why doesn't someone call Scott Griffin and ask him? He said if we ever had questions...and gave us this number.

910-619-9500

:eek:

Don't some of you guys read? I swear some people read half the story and jump to Nitromater to give thier 2 cents before they read the enite story and think about it for a second. Cory is not buying the stuff, he is leasing it. Similar to how Bazemore leased his deal out years ago. It's probably a race to race deal, where the lease is $XXX amount per race for the rest of the year, or whatever the term is. I assume it is becasue Cory does not have the funds to buy a team outright for now, but with sponsor money coming in, he can lease the stuff from Don and continue on without missing any races.

Also, if Cory matched his lease term with the sponsorship term for when his sponsorship is up, (or Cory looses his sponsors) Don gets the stuff back, and Cory is not stuck with a top fuel team he can not afford to run by himself like he would be if he bought it. This deal makes a lot of sense to finish out the season with.

my question is still the same then why not <ahem> Lease the operation he currently is apart of?

Well, just wanted to say
Congratulations Cory, it's awesome to see you calling the shots to your own team. Will be looking for you in the winner's circle!

no wait stop me .. I've seen this movie before but, I think it had a Pro Stock car as the main characters the last time.

Scene 1. I'm leaving and move in with Don and you can't stop me...

Scene 2. I like what you have done for me but I need to be free....

Scene 3. What the hell was I thinking...

Old story.. new players.......

i think i saw that movie too. Did it have a girl in it ??

"Some day, and that day may never come, I will ask a favor of you in return for my kindness of today"---Marlon Brando, the Godfather!:D:D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back