Cory Mac and Morgan Lucas - What happened? (1 Viewer)

cp

Nitro Member
I didn't get a chance to watch qualifying as I was shooting a bracket race but I did catch something today about some sites were covering a story about Cory Mac being upset with Morgan Lucas from qualifying Friday night. Anybody know anything about this?

Lucas hung him out on the line.

That's a bunch of BS.

Both sat prestaged for what could be interpreted as an extended period of time. When Cory finally went in it was less than a second before Morgan went in. Cory was probably waiting for Morgan and vice-versa.

I hope Cory was congratulating Morgan for his great run because there was no other reason foir Cory to be speaking to him. Like Don Garlits once said..."Where's it written in the rule book that "so-and-so" stages last."

RG

I agree with Randy on this one. Cory Mac and his usual temper thinkins he's all that. Looked like Morgan gave him a look of "ya,whatever dude"

The one guy with a problem is Cruz, he'll hang out anyone in the other lane.
Someone should wait to stage until Cruz melts the headers to the frame rails.

The one guy with a problem is Cruz, he'll hang out anyone in the other lane.
Someone should wait to stage until Cruz melts the headers to the frame rails.

You can throw John Force into the category of taking their good ole time staging and staging last the majority of the time. All drivers have their preferences and the other drivers know what to look for when facing specific opponents.

You can throw John Force into the category of taking their good ole time staging and staging last the majority of the time. All drivers have their preferences and the other drivers know what to look for when facing specific opponents.

He sure takes his time staging, but in the past couple races he seems to have been burning out and backing up MUCH quicker than his opponent. Coil has been giving the death stare (like HURRRY up) a couple times to the other lane that I have noticed.

That's a bunch of BS.

Both sat prestaged for what could be interpreted as an extended period of time. When Cory finally went in it was less than a second before Morgan went in. Cory was probably waiting for Morgan and vice-versa.

I hope Cory was congratulating Morgan for his great run because there was no other reason foir Cory to be speaking to him. Like Don Garlits once said..."Where's it written in the rule book that "so-and-so" stages last."

RG

X2

I watched it from the stands, and then I saw on the big screen C Mac was over giving Lucas an earfull. I didn't remember seeing anything out of the norm besides being pre-staged a little long. I watched my DVR last night, and saw the same thing.
I bet if Cory ran as good as Morgans car that pass, he would have been pretty happy.

He sure takes his time staging, but in the past couple races he seems to have been burning out and backing up MUCH quicker than his opponent. Coil has been giving the death stare (like HURRRY up) a couple times to the other lane that I have noticed.

O.k. I have to put my $.02 in on this one. I have watched that team in compitition and in testing and I noticed they seem to do the same routine every time. I just don't see them playing games like that with all thats going on(and has happened) concerning safety. I just don't see them putting another driver in danger just to play games. And my understanding is that can make for a dangerous situation! So I don't think Force needs to be added to that list. And as for that death stare you mentioned, are you referring to him being a bit animated on the starting line waiting on, I believe, Jim Dunn?

O.k. I have to put my $.02 in on this one. I have watched that team in compitition and in testing and I noticed they seem to do the same routine every time. I just don't see them playing games like that with all thats going on(and has happened) concerning safety. I just don't see them putting another driver in danger just to play games. And my understanding is that can make for a dangerous situation! So I don't think Force needs to be added to that list. And as for that death stare you mentioned, are you referring to him being a bit animated on the starting line waiting on, I believe, Jim Dunn?

Hey, I would pay good money to watch a wrestling match between Coil and Big Jim.:)

There can not be a " burn down " or staging duel unless both participants play. With autostart all you have to do is go in and the other guys has a few seconds at most or he is redlit. If you both sit there for a long time and your stuff heats up or whatever you are just as much to blame as the other guy.

From watching the video, it seemed liked both were waiting for someone to stage first.

My thoughts would be, the Lucas teams always seem to be a bit sensitive about runtime to pre-stage. With that in mind, maybe Cory felt Morgan should go in first?

We've been on both sides of the runtime to pre-stage thing. We've been yelled at for being to slow and been hung out on a few occasions.

At a race last season, I was ready to give a flying kick to the head to a former world champion crew chief after one of our guys tried to have a civil conversation with him about runtime. He better be glad I'm not the one who starts our car.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back