Cory Mac to start his own team (1 Viewer)

Wow. I know he's been pretty frustrated with the way things have been working out this year. I hope things work out well for him.

I found this comment pretty interesting:

"The end of my career is closer than I probably care to admit......"

But then again, mebbe I'm readin' too much into it.
:confused:

things that make you go "hhhmmmmm"

You can say that again.....

Makes me wonder what Scott is going to do with all this stuff??? He bought out Gwynns operation, bought a ton of new stuff with the Serta deal, and parked it. Buys out the Carrier Boyz, and now his driver, sponsor, and possibly crew has left??? What's he gonna do now??? :confused:

I wish all the best to Cory.

Hmmmmmmm.............is right!!! Could there possibly be some financial problems that caused Cory to step in and take over like that? I wonder what is up!:confused:

could be the difference between a "smart buisness man" and a "smart man who knows how to run a race team as a buisness" AND if it was easy, we would all own race teams.

I would think Cory is just tired of owners changing and losing rides the way he has over the years. If you own it then you know your job is safe as long as you have a sponsor.

I'm curious if about the Schumacher connection. Cory would be his own team but does he also serve as a blocker if he doesn't make the cutdown?

I would think Cory is just tired of owners changing and losing rides the way he has over the years. If you own it then you know your job is safe as long as you have a sponsor.

I'm curious if about the Schumacher connection. Cory would be his own team but does he also serve as a blocker if he doesn't make the cutdown?

interesting point PJ. I wonder what a blocker gets paid these days!:D

Looking on the positive side, I can fully understand where Cory is coming from. I am sure the difficulties he and the team have had to endure played a part in the decision too. Personally i hope he does well for he is a racer through and through.

I did have one thought, if he is getting parts support through the Schaumaker team, does that also include help from AJ???? :confused:

Just saying....

jim

I wish Corry the best in his new endeavor and hope he wins a few races before then end of the season. :)

Last edited:
Best of luck to Cory in the future! Hope this works out for him...

As for blocking, I wonder how much of that will actually go on after the 8 are decided... Its really hard to prove thrown races and speculations can be a bit much...

CJ Curtsinger

Does anybody really think that somebody as intense on winning would be a blocker for somebody else under any circumstance???? I don't. I also would not bet on any help from AJ.

The way I see it, Cory needed a car ASAP. Don $chumacher had a new car and some equipment that Fast Jack shook down earlier in the year just sitting aside. Don is gonna make a few bucks, Cory gets a car, and that's probably as far as it's going to go.

It's about time! I'm sure he remembers the cost of owning your own team, which may have kept him from doing this for the last 15 years, but I agree with the move.

Now let's see if he can get the "Bad Boys Club" back together again. Maybe Prock is tired of tuning funny cars.

I'm happy for Cory, he gets to run it his way again. I just don't see him being a blocker for anybody. He wants to win and he doesn't lay down for anyone. Hopefully the Mac Attack is back!!

Hopefully Cory will now start to run a little better. I would like to see him in the winner's circle a few times before the year is over.

Did I read that correctly? Scott Griffin is still going to be a part of the program on the hospitality side? Where is all the stuff he bought from the Carrier Boyz going? Will Rahn still be involved? Do I remind anyone of a kid on a long trip?:D:D

So many questions?

Did I read that correctly? Scott Griffin is still going to be a part of the program on the hospitality side? Where is all the stuff he bought from the Carrier Boyz going? Will Rahn still be involved? Do I remind anyone of a kid on a long trip?:D:D

So many questions?

Good one! I guess we will know the answer to those questions at Brainerd!

no wait stop me .. I've seen this movie before but, I think it had a Pro Stock car as the main characters the last time.

Scene 1. I'm leaving and move in with Don and you can't stop me...

Scene 2. I like what you have done for me but I need to be free....

Scene 3. What the hell was I thinking...

Old story.. new players.......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back