Controversial sponsorship (1 Viewer)

Should NHRA prohibit sponsorship by controversial companies/organizations like these?

• Yes - A legal brothel (ex: The Bunny Ranch)

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • No - A legal brothel (ex: The Bunny Ranch)

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Yes - National Rifle Association

Votes: 56 49.6%
  • No - National Rifle Association

Votes: 58 51.3%
  • Yes - A strip club (ex: Jaguars in Las Vegas)

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • No - A strip club (ex: Jaguars in Las Vegas)

Votes: 65 57.5%
  • Yes - A company such as Planned Parenthood or Trojan Condoms

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • No - A company such as Planned Parenthood or Trojan Condoms

Votes: 59 52.2%
  • Yes - A program such as DesignatedDriver.com

Votes: 55 48.7%
  • No - A program such as DesignatedDriver.com

Votes: 58 51.3%

• Total voters

No wonder he can't find the dude! Every time he runs to go call the police the guy runs in the opposite direction. He'd better start carrying a cell phone in his glove.

LMFAO!!!! In the words of Larry the Cable Guy - I don't care who ya are, that there's funny.

My biggest concern is presentation. I don't have a problem with tobacco or alcohol sponsors. Heck I would love to see a J.D. sponsored car. :D After all it is my responsibility to teach my kids about those items and I have that control. I don't even have a problem with Hooters or similar companys but there must be limits in their presentation. I can choose not to visit their display or pits. However I can not control the visual aspect on the track or around the pits in general. Keep it tasteful ... that's all. Drag racing is not an adult only sport.

Here is another interesting part of this. When you start restricting what you can and can't have on your car, where do you start and where does it end???

I think a particulary disturbing part of all this is that NHRA has the sole descretion to allow or dis-allow and advertising. I understand that it is their ball game and there rules BUT they really don't have any rules. It is how who ever makes these decisions feels about the subject, not the what a stated policy says if they have one.

To make things easier for everyone NHRA simply needs to put in place what their policy and limits are not " we will decide............"

jim

Here is another interesting part of this. When you start restricting what you can and can't have on your car, where do you start and where does it end???

I think a particulary disturbing part of all this is that NHRA has the sole descretion to allow or dis-allow and advertising. I understand that it is their ball game and there rules BUT they really don't have any rules. It is how who ever makes these decisions feels about the subject, not the what a stated policy says if they have one.

To make things easier for everyone NHRA simply needs to put in place what their policy and limits are not " we will decide............"

jim
Not going to happen. This would be covered in the ink never dry policy manual that is changed as they see fit. Don't ask to see it because it is a secret.

I can hear it now? Bob Frey announcing "and the next pair of cars are rated PG-13 with the remaining qualifiers after this pair rated R. We do not have any G rated cars entered this week.":eek:

If NHRA wants to keep the sport a family activity and enjoyable to all just keep everything in good taste and no one will be offended. I've been going(racing) for forty years now and I enjoy having the grandkids with us at the track lets keep it that way.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back