Street & Smith continue to love NHRA (1 Viewer)

NHRADeuce

Nitro Member
Interesting article at Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal. They continue to back NHRA. In a year with so much bad news, there is still some good coming out of drag racing.

Full article - NHRA recovers for successful ’08

TV ratings are up 11 percent on ESPN2 and households are up 15 percent.

Caterpillar, Wyndham, NAPA, Motorcraft and Geico came on as new sponsors.

Attendance has been flat against a record-setting year in 2007 when other forms of racing, namely NASCAR, are seeing declining numbers.

The Countdown solidified its place as the NHRA’s championship platform.

One of the sport’s biggest corporate supporters, Coca-Cola, changed its title sponsorship from Powerade to Full Throttle, one of its energy drink brands, because it wanted to build market share. This was part of a two-year extension with Coke through 2013.

And the series visited the Charlotte area for the first time in September at track owner Bruton Smith’s shiny new shrine to drag racing, zMax Dragway. Not only did the event draw nearly 90,000 fans over three days, but it brought the sport to the hub of the motorsports business world.
I'm not so sure that the Countdown part is particularly good news, but it is what it is.

I know in Nascar it's a bloodbath of layoffs and sponsor troubles, MUCH worse than NHRA has it. Not long ago sponsors were being declined and put on waiting lists in Nascar. Now the have less than a full field with sponsor commitments for next year.

THat's great news if you believe it. A Lot of sponsorless teams I'm betting are scetical about that.

I'm courious what the actual Nelson rating numbers are.... it said ther was an increase..but from what to what....

it thought it was nice to finialy see a published report that stated the rumors of the event attendance was stagnet this year.. no real growth... but no loss as the other forms of motorsports.. specialy the 500 pd gorilla NASCAR has had....

Billy

I believe it. NHRA OR DRAG RACING is a good venue to advertise in most classes IF the race team does it correctly.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back