Anyway, Tony Smith, to continue...…. (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
You had said that there was a study done with regards to the money spent in the other thread. Can you elaborate on that? Obviously, the larger companies have been able to quantify investing more money in Cup than the NHRA per capita/car. I assume that's primarily related to the television exposure? Regardless, the thing I would be more interested in is how those ratios came out. Is the ratio of 20-million per year on a Cup car versus 3-million per year on a nitro car commensurate with each other as it pertains to exposure? Or is the exposure so much less in NHRA that even 3-million is out of balance? Is it simply much less interest in getting involved with a lower viewership sport regardless of cost?

I guess I'm just interested to know what is found when they research this stuff, as well as plans to deal with the results of those studies as it pertains to the gameplan moving forward to help the sport rebound and prosper.

Sean D

I cannot elaborate on the results, because I don't know what they are....sorry. I just know of a team owner not happy about having to spend money on one. They are not cheap.

T.J. Zizzo did an interview with CompPlus last spring and he made the point on how it's very tough to ask a corporation for the proper amount of funding for a full season or 3 year commitment. Most don't see the ROI. TV is definitely a factor along with some other things.

always wondered what traxxas thought of their 5 year run with courtney. they came in with a plan. funded her team. funded the shootout races. did the pit display. did the
exhibition in front of bleachers during downtime.........they seem to really have had a plan and they executed it.......so how did it go? was their nhra experience rewarding? would they recommend
nhra to a new prospective sponsor looking to get involved in motorsports? or would they suggest to stay clear of nhra?.......their models were great. i have a few great selfies with some
of them :p i still miss them ;)

always wondered what traxxas thought of their 5 year run with courtney. they came in with a plan. funded her team. funded the shootout races. did the pit display. did the
exhibition in front of bleachers during downtime.........they seem to really have had a plan and they executed it.......so how did it go? was their nhra experience rewarding? would they recommend
nhra to a new prospective sponsor looking to get involved in motorsports? or would they suggest to stay clear of nhra?.......their models were great. i have a few great selfies with some
of them :p i still miss them ;)

There was never a formal press release about them leaving NHRA, It just disappeared and so many have no idea why. I have an idea that Brass didn't play nice with TRAXXAS

There was never a formal press release about them leaving NHRA, It just disappeared and so many have no idea why. I have an idea that Brass didn't play nice with TRAXXAS

Like the Comp Plus interview of Alan Johnson Racing's Tami Powers alluded to back in May.

Like the Comp Plus interview of Alan Johnson Racing's Tami Powers alluded to back in May.

Thanks, and I did read that then. Back to my point, where was the formal press release? https://www.nhra.com/news/2017/nhra-announces-extension-agreement-traxxas is all I can find for the last official mention of NHRA and TRAXXAS.

Last edited:
not very easy to discern what traxxas is doing exactly in the world of motorsports advertising. their website links either do not work, or the events listed show a 2018 rally event
as the most recent? maybe should be thankful for the 5 years they were onboard with nhra and jfr.

Five years is a good run, sometimes it ends when the contract expires simply because the company wants to try a different avenue.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back