College Football rivalries (1 Viewer)

Tom, all I can say is WOW! I sat down expecting a great game, and lots of points cause I like offense, and I got lots of points, but they were all scored by OU. Congrats, and although I really like Mike Leach, it sure looked like he was outcoached and outprepared by Mr. Stoops. Super job. (Gosh, congrats to an OU fan???:eek: Oh, well, congrats are well deserved.

And Teri, the Nebraska Buckeyes were correct! Congrats to Ohio State and their loyal fans, and PJ and Dave, we all still love ya!

And Teri, the Nebraska Buckeyes were correct! Congrats to Ohio State and their loyal fans, and PJ and Dave, we all still love ya!
Yes Terry they were correct, so take good care of them for next year!!! And yes, we still do love PJ & Dave!!!:);)
ya know folks it wasn't bad enough that she got to rip on my via text all game then she had to throw a countdown line into it too lol

I was trying to give you something to think about to take your mind off of the Wolverqueens bad performance!!!!:p:p

My condolences, Steve. You are welcome to join me, Mike Minick, PJ and Dave Major as we hoist a Captain or two and dream of what might have been and what we hope will be. Gotta be better times ahead for us, buddy. At least we're not Texas Tech fans.:eek:

Tom, all I can say is WOW! I sat down expecting a great game, and lots of points cause I like offense, and I got lots of points, but they were all scored by OU. Congrats, and although I really like Mike Leach, it sure looked like he was outcoached and outprepared by Mr. Stoops. Super job. (Gosh, congrats to an OU fan???:eek: Oh, well, congrats are well deserved.
Boy, what a shocker! I was pretty confident that we were capable of winning but not in my wildest dreams did I think it go the way it did. We were at Caesar's, where Chris Cook came down to do some football-watching with us, and just had a blast. There was a group of 8 or so Red Raiders a few tables away and a few Sooner fans that were sprinkled through our section of the sports book. The Techies were all loud and boisterous through the first quarter, a bit more subdued through about half of the second quarter, then fell mysteriously quiet with about 4 minutes to go in the first half. By the beginning of the fourth quarter they were nowhere to be found.

What OU managed to do in the second quarter was nothing short of astounding, I don't know that I've ever seen a more thorough dismantling of a quality college football team in such a short amount of time. The only comparison I can come up with was when USC pounded us in Miami but even then it took them way longer than 10 minutes of game clock.

Look out, Cowpokes... the Sooners have you in their sights!

Last edited:
I hate to rain on your parade Tom, but there seems to be a pattern developing. Everyone is much better at home and you know how BEDLAM can be...........;)
This could be interesting :)

Boy, what a shocker! I was pretty confident that we were capable of winning but not in my wildest dreams did I think it go the way it did. We were at Caesar's, where Chris Cook came down to do some football-watching with us, and just had a blast. There was a group of 8 or so Red Raiders a few tables away and a few Sooner fans that were sprinkled through our section of the sports book. The Techies were all loud and boisterous through the first quarter, a bit more subdued through about half of the second quarter, then fell mysteriously quiet with about 4 minutes to go in the first half. By the beginning of the fourth quarter they were nowhere to be found.

What OU managed to do in the second quarter was nothing short of astounding, I don't know that I've ever seen a more thorough dismantling of a quality college football team in such a short amount of time. The only comparison I can come up with was when USC pounded us in Miami but even then it took them way longer than 10 minutes of game clock.

Look out, Cowpokes... the Sooners have you in their sights!
I agree Tom, and here's the bright side--wht the sooners did to TT makes the shellacking they dished out to the Huskers look a little more respectable for us, too! Anyone but Bama and USC!

Not much, Karl! Sorry about the Bama thing--just the musings of a fan of a "lower-tier" team. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. The turkeys have returned to my yard, so I have my Thanksgiving dinner "on the hoof" at the ready!

look at that.....kills it and eats it in the same day! Real people in Nebraska i tell ya.....real people! :p:p

As long as Hart Lee Dykes, Barry Sanders, or Thurman Thomas doesn't show...I guess the Sooners should have this one.

Here in ACC-land, I get the feeling a team may win the ACC Title but dread going to the Orange Bowl to play (more than likely) a far superior team.

look at that.....kills it and eats it in the same day! Real people in Nebraska i tell ya.....real people! :p:p
Why thanks there, Mr. Minick! and you have a Happy also up there in Chi-town! And a note on the kill it eat it same day deal--hey, it's Nebraska! What makes you think killing it and eating it don't happen simultaneously? Have a good one, buddy and take care!

Wow! Just got done watching one of the better games I watched this season--yep, Colorado-NU. On paper we should have handled Colo easily, but this game always turns out to be a barn burner--after trying repeatedly to shoot ourselves in the foot, we managed to pull out a win over a determined Buff team on the wings of Henery's 57 yard field goal on a 4th and 25. Good game--we are now 8-4 (better than I expected, certainly) and seem to be getting more sound each week. Looks like we may be headed to the Gator Bowl...Things are looking up in Huskerland. Some good games on tap tomorrow, and the weather is cold and miserable here, so watching some football looks like a good plan tomorrow. And a thank you note to Teri with an I Sewell--thanks for the supportive texts during the game--things looked pretty dim at times but it was cool knowing you were down there in Spring cheering for the Huskers! Thanks again.

And Mike Minick---have they fired Charlie yet at the Golden Dome? Kinda sounds like that may be happening...

Lets see OU-OSU--should be a good one, and Bama-Auburn--Karl, I gotta hunch this one is gonna be a barn burner...

Best of luck to all of the Maters' teams that aren't playing Nebraska!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving:D

Ay Carumba! I spent Saturday night in Yukon, OK watching the OSU/OU game with mostly Cowboys fans. That was a great game to watch....until 7 or so minutes left in the 4th. :eek:

Oh, well. I just wish it hadn't screwed Texas the way it did!

Ay Carumba! I spent Saturday night in Yukon, OK watching the OSU/OU game with mostly Cowboys fans. That was a great game to watch....until 7 or so minutes left in the 4th. :eek:

Texas screwed themselves when they lost at Tech.

Yeah, I know Tom. Hey, you know me....I'm all over the board when it comes to college teams. Especially the Big 12!

I'm just happy to see someone from Oklahoma or Texas have the opportunity to go to the Championship game. :)

No Offense Tom, but I think Texas got Jobbed Bigtime over this! Of Course should Oklahoma lose to Mizzou this is all academic!

Speaking of Mizzou, calling Johnny Cerberus! Man, that Kansas-Mizzou game was a great one to watch for the non-Mizzou fan! It was exciting, but I couldn't help quizzing myself on how we could beat Kansas-who played a stellar game against Mizzou, and have been not only beaten but humiliated by the Tigers a few weeks earlier. At least your guys are still in the title game--and I'm guessing that makes the Texas fans even more bummed out. And believe it or not, the Huskers and the Tigers end up in a tie for the Big 12 North title...what a long, strange trip it has been this year!

No Offense Tom, but I think Texas got Jobbed Bigtime over this! Of Course should Oklahoma lose to Mizzou this is all academic!

Actually what put Oklahoma over Texas was the computer rankings because they gave OU a better strength of schedule by beating a ranked OSU, as opposed to Texas beating unranked A&M. If Texas thinks they should be ranked ahead of OU due to their head to head victory, then why shouldn't Tech be ranked ahead of Texas? This just confirms the saying that if you are going to lose a game, it is always better to lose earlier in the season than to lose late. The whole thing just goes to show how messed up the BCS system is. The only way to remedy this situation is to have a playoff.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back