Clutch pedal in a top fueler (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Any ideas on much pressure is needed to depress the clutch pedal in a top fueler? I imagine quite a bit of force is needed, but knowing me, I could be wrong...

Interesting question for sure.... no idea either but as they are a centrifucal im sure if the 'idle' is too high it woukld be higher.........

It's not that bad at idle. It only has to move about .140" ...at least that's what I set the pedal at. The air gap is between .040 & .050". It's not like the throw of a pedal in a normal car or truck.

It's not that bad at idle. It only has to move about .140" ...at least that's what I set the pedal at. The air gap is between .040 & .050". It's not like the throw of a pedal in a normal car or truck.
Hey, Bross do you know if Kevin McCarthy is still with JFR.
I lost contact with him when he quit working on crew and was working in Indy.

I'm not sure. I've tried calling him several times since I left and could never get a hold of him...ol Duke!

Any ideas on much pressure is needed to depress the clutch pedal in a top fueler? I imagine quite a bit of force is needed, but knowing me, I could be wrong...
I am new to running top fuel, but here is my take. The clutch is basically dead until engine start up. When I was first getting set up in the car, I remarked "the clutch linkage seems broken" Terry smiled and said "it will wake up during start" It sure did!!! The centrifugal force from the weights pushed the pedal right up against my my foot. The pressure wasn't heavy, very similar to an aftermarket single disc in any regular performance car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back