John Force in Richmond? (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
Okay, the question has to be asked.

He said in his video interview that his crew chiefs were working on a hydraulic clutch lever that could be operated by his hand instead of his left foot. His right foot (apparently) is a little banged up, but he said it would work to slam the throttle.

I guess his hands will be the only issue? Correct me if I'm wrong:

Left hand is needed for fuel, and steering.

Right hand is needed for chutes and steering and brake.

Will the champ be back in Richmond? What do you all think?

Last edited:
right hand needed for the brake too Jeremy

but a compound fracture is a compound fracture....thats serious stuff...Tony S couldn't do and his fracture (from what i understand) was less severe then johns...i wouldnt be worried as long as everything goes fine, but its when the thing gets into bad tire shake or he has to pedal or (God forbid) he gets into the wall again....i'm not saying he can't do it....i'm just sayin i dont know if it's a good idea

right hand needed for the brake too Jeremy

but a compound fracture is a compound fracture....thats serious stuff...Tony S couldn't do and his fracture (from what i understand) was less severe then johns...i wouldnt be worried as long as everything goes fine, but its when the thing gets into bad tire shake or he has to pedal or (God forbid) he gets into the wall again....i'm not saying he can't do it....i'm just sayin i dont know if it's a good idea

I hear ya Mike...I just wonder though...it really may happen. Optimism here, yes?

I hear ya Mike...I just wonder though...it really may happen. Optimism here, yes?

i'm leaving my optimism to the fact that i believe he will be a champion again....next year, the year after, whatever. Now obviously its easy to analyze the situation from my little desk here in Macomb, IL but i am sure that if i were in the John's boots, I would be tryin my damn dist to be in that car for Richmond too. I'm reminded of something John said in his interviews in Vegas when asked if he ever though about walking away. he said "this is all i have in my life aside from my kids. I have nothing else. This is what I do."

As much as we all would love to see him out there, after all the safety measures they are taking and have taken it would defeat the whole purpose of keeping drivers safe if you put a driver in there who has injury to both his right and left hands and legs...it may be another story if it was only one of those things but come on I would think NHRA might step in and say no way because if John were to lose control he could injure someone else if not himself even more...Can they do that? What do you guys think?

If I was a driver and had to make the choice to line up against him in his injured state.......sorry John but you will get a bye run from me.......just too dangerous.

On Dallas TV this AM.....John is already up on crutches !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they'll put somebody else in the car for the rest of the year...WHO ??

What ever happened to the substitute driver concept discussed several years ago (after Tonys crash).
A sub driver drives but the car still gets the points but only for a very limited number of races.
This would allow the team to fulfill their contract with sponsor. Maybe even encourage potintial sponsors into the sport.
Sub driver to race ONLY 3 races or 6 weeks which ever comes first
This would prevent a driver that has the flu or other injury from taking pain pills any medication that may affect his/her driving ability, just to race so the contract w/ sponsor is fulfilled.
Wasn't JF on medication couple years back due to gallbladder or ?? on the western swing.
Will John be back this year == I would bet on it= yes

I'm not too sure if any of Team Force will be in Richmond. If John feels that there is safety issues with the cars, Ashley and Robert won't be racing either.

If they don't think Neff is ready then I would think Burkart would be the best option maybe even John Capps or of course me :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back