John Force in Richmond? (1 Viewer)

I understand where John is coming from. Having suffered a bad motorcycle accident with a compound fracture. When you’re lying in the hospital bed the first week, you are feeling that you will be back out there. But when you get up on your feet for the first time, reality starts to set in. It just takes time to heal. It also takes time for you to realize that. I made that mistake; it set back my recovery 6 months. What ever happens, I think John is surrounded by a bunch of great people that will give him good advice. I also think John understands the big picture, and will do what is right for his team and his long term health without letting his ego get in the way. Either way, I will be cheering for John what ever his decision is.

Earl

I understand where John is coming from. Having suffered a bad motorcycle accident with a compound fracture. When you’re lying in the hospital bed the first week, you are feeling that you will be back out there. But when you get up on your feet for the first time, reality starts to set in. It just takes time to heal. It also takes time for you to realize that. I made that mistake; it set back my recovery 6 months. What ever happens, I think John is surrounded by a bunch of great people that will give him good advice. I also think John understands the big picture, and will do what is right for his team and his long term health without letting his ego get in the way. Either way, I will be cheering for John what ever his decision is.

Earl

I agree with the above statement. I fractured both my Tibia and Fibula in a motorcross accident a few years ago (40+ year old riding way above his skills), had an external fixator installed with screws at both ends to hold the bone together to heal. Getting out of bed the first week was a challenge. I was wheelchair confined for 2-3 weeks, then on crutches for 3 months. I couldn't put one ounce of weight on the broken leg for many weeks.

I don't know how John's injuries compared to mine, but I just don't see how he could possible race in any of the three remaining races. Granted, John is probably a tougher hombre than I, but pain is pain and it will be a long time before he will be walking comfortably on that leg.

With all of that said, John will probably prove me wrong and find a way to get in that race car in a week and a half, lol.

Skuza would be GREAT !!! Bob Gilbertson ?? Terry Haddock ? Bob Bode ?
Neff has no license so he's out.

i say we send him Rapid's name......he'll drive anything with wheels :) :eek:

And a big second to that motion directly from Rapid's neighbor state! We Nebraskans love Ioweegans that drive fuel altereds! Seriously, how would that be for our buddy Rapid to get a shot like that! He sure deserves it...

I don't think we'll see John in the driving until the '08 Winternationals. I just wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Richmond is 2 weeks away & there's no doubt in my mind that Robert and Ashley will be competing. If they can get Neff licensed by then I can see him driving John's car, but I would think that's doubtful.

And a big second to that motion directly from Rapid's neighbor state! We Nebraskans love Ioweegans that drive fuel altereds! Seriously, how would that be for our buddy Rapid to get a shot like that! He sure deserves it...

Rapid? In A Cave?????

Go fer it!!!!!!!

Why a lot of these drivers would be great, let's get a little bit of reality into us all, it probably won't happen, if anything the car might not even come out.

But I guess if I followed suite, I'd say Al Hoffman :eek:

I feel confident that Castrol, Ford, Brand Source, etc. ect. etc. will fully understand Big John taking a short leave of absence from the driving duties without being concerned that his car is showing off their logos given the circumstances.

I'll also bet that Robert and Ashley will drive in Richmond. Have you checked Robert's place in the points lately? Ashley could be just one more possible car to keep those cars under the black umbrella from eliminating Dad from the almighty "4".

I remember when Tony Schumacher had his incident in Memphis several years ago he wanted to get in the car to get that first race back out of the way in 2000. After Richmond there's a few weeks off between races, Vegas is about a month away and Pomona is about six weeks away. On one of the Dallas interviews (I think it was the NBC affliate) they said John planned to be back by Vegas which is a month from now.

If John can he will!
Doctors can only recommend he not participate but they can't prevent him from competeing if he feels up to it.
Remember when he found out that Tony P. wasn't going to drive for him following his championship season and John got his hands all cut up were he needed stiches and his hands were all taped up he went out and competed that should answer the hands question.
What ever he chooses to do I hope he makes the right decission!:eek:

I myself think he has nothing to prove and I would like to see him shelve it till next year and concentrate on getting Robert a Championship. I still think he is the favorite dispite the DNQ!

If John can he will!
Doctors can only recommend he not participate but they can't prevent him from competeing if he feels up to it.
Remember when he found out that Tony P. wasn't going to drive for him following his championship season and John got his hands all cut up were he needed stiches and his hands were all taped up he went out and competed that should answer the hands question.
What ever he chooses to do I hope he makes the right decission!:eek:

I myself think he has nothing to prove and I would like to see him shelve it till next year and concentrate on getting Robert a Championship. I still think he is the favorite dispite the DNQ!

As a long time JF fan (been following his career since 1985), I agree 100% with this statement. Force has nothing left to prove (except to himself), with his multiple championships, etc., and to step into the "owner" role (leaving the driving to hired drivers) would be a logical step. A compound fracture doesn't heal as quickly or as well at 58 as it would at even 48 years of age, and to ignore this is short-sighted to put it mildly.

John Force has transcended the sport of drag racing, (who DOESN'T know who he is?), and even as "just" a team owner, he's still gold to the sponsors and the NHRA. To step out of the driver's seat after a crash like this won't hurt his image as "Superman" (thanks, Phil!), and the fanbase knows this as well. Look at Snake (one of Force's heros) for a perfect example of this... nobody disputes what he did, or his acumen as a team owner. The same applies to John Force.

I wish him well, no matter what decision he makes.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back