Chilibowl pics are up!!!! (1 Viewer)

Very cool Joe! Thank you. It doesn't look like there is a bad seat in the place... That place is HUGE. How many trailers were under cover? How many teams were there? :)

Thanks everyone, I was told there were over 250 cars entered Gina. That Building is 10 acres, so how many trailers they can fit is anybody's guess! Cheryl no I didn't get any winner's circle pics, I was walking around checking out the cars!

I have a '96 Chili Bowl T' shirt that I still wear proudly.

Chili is a drivers race..the best rises to the top. ( now don't get me wrong..setup is key)..but to me..to see Sammy end up 3rd and his kid winning means a lot to me.

Spent 20 yrs at Knoxville and seen bunches. Steve, Sammy, Wolf..16 yr old Unser Jr getting his licks..Jeff Gordon and all passed through that place. Used to be that's how you earned your stripes. Sad how things have changes. It's not about your ability anymore..or earning it.

Thanks for the flashback, Joe!!

I have a '96 Chili Bowl T' shirt that I still wear proudly.

Chili is a drivers race..the best rises to the top. ( now don't get me wrong..setup is key)..but to me..to see Sammy end up 3rd and his kid winning means a lot to me.

Spent 20 yrs at Knoxville and seen bunches. Steve, Sammy, Wolf..16 yr old Unser Jr getting his licks..Jeff Gordon and all passed through that place. Used to be that's how you earned your stripes. Sad how things have changes. It's not about your ability anymore..or earning it.

Thanks for the flashback, Joe!!

You got that right, David!
I liked the post-race interview when someone asked Sammy if he was racing Kevin for the win would he let him win...DUH, no way.
Sammy commented that he (Kevin) was going to have to earn it just like everyone else would've had to. Great to see Sammy still have IT after all these years.

:cool:
So how was it? Could you breath the air in the building?
How does it compare to a drag race?
Was Cruz Pedregon in this deal?

:cool:
So how was it? Could you breath the air in the building?
How does it compare to a drag race?
Was Cruz Pedregon in this deal?

Hey Paul the Fumes weren't nearly as Bad as I thought they would be! But the Earplugs were a great recommendation, those things sound like the Killer Bee's from hell in there! I did see Cruz, he competed in the G Main I believe? Anyway when I saw him he had just sold his Midget to another racer...

I have been around Dirt track racing since I was a kid, that will never go away! But to compare it to Drag racing doesn't make any sense to me. The two are completely different. If it was a choice between a Natl. event and a Major Dirt track race, it would depend on how many races I go to. But Drag racing remain's my Addiction of choice!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back