Charlotte press conference: 4 wide (1 Viewer)

Re: Charlotte press conference

Two rounds of racing? Race would be over in two hours!

Paul

So pro qualifying will now last 1/2 hour? How is ESPN gonna stretch that out? :confused:

if it is a 4 lane championship event . than i think its a crap idea. dont mess with formula of things... if it was a bonus event on the saturday evening like the shootout then great .. just not a championship round. would be awefull

guess Bruton has more pull than we thought. One man can change NHRA's format!. . .how long till the U.S. NATIONALS get moved to Charlotte?

Might as well add Fonzie jumping over the track on water skis because NHRA has officially "jumped the shark" now.

Just proves how boring the sport has become when they have to resort to this.

Does anyone else remember the original discussion about 4-wide racing. I think it occurred during track construction. It went something like.........4- wide racing at Bruton's new track might be cool.......NHRA response "THAT WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN......DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT" And now this.........:)

P.S. I may be paraphrasing .....a bit :D

Another question.... How will 4 lanes be policed at the same time? Where will Rick stand?

WOW what a joke..... thank you NHRA for insuring that we will never go to the Charlotte track. And what about the points as if that matters these day's what a stupid thing to have for a national event.
Last year when they did the exhibition run with the past round loser's was kinda cool but this is crap.

Maybe they can have some monster trucks jump over the lanes during the runs.

I think it is a PR guy's dream. NHRA will get a lot of mileage out of this event, and it will hopefully spill over interest into the other normal 2 lane National events. I think its all good, and am 100% for it!!!!

Since this is happening, now they REALLY need to make Indy a double points race.

Nothing like stealing thunder from what should be your biggest event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back