Charlotte press conference: 4 wide (1 Viewer)

Re: Charlotte press conference

I hate to be the one to break it but... Indy IS just another race. One of 24, no more - no less..............

no doubt - any increase in zmax cash and/or points will put final nail in coffin
and relegate indy to #2 at best status

256 car S/G field-4 wide-1 winner per pass. Picture trying to judge the stripe in that deal!

I think after the first few sets of cars the novelty will wear off ... the only thing worse than watching 2 cars nose over on the delay box is watching 4. I am glad the sportsman guys will get some pub from this, but I am still predicting mostly empty stands ...

As Popular as they 4 wide exhibition was, I was told that Charlotte's attendance last year was Pathetic! And they are getting 2 races next year???

As Popular as they 4 wide exhibition was, I was told that Charlotte's attendance last year was Pathetic! And they are getting 2 races next year???

i don't think Bruton cares about the attendance. he seems to have some "pull" by demanding and then getting two races. I say screw both his races because they took the virginia race away!

i don't think Bruton cares about the attendance. he seems to have some "pull" by demanding and then getting two races. I say screw both his races because they took the virginia race away!

Bruce I had heard the VMP was going ADRL fulltime!

no doubt - any increase in zmax cash and/or points will put final nail in coffin
and relegate indy to #2 at best status

I couldn't care less, for 4 lane racing or all these fancy facilities. Sure they're nice. But none of those races come close to Indy or Pomona!! Or maybe there is something wrong with me? Because when I've gone to Indy or Pomona (Especially Pomona for me) The vibe I get is something words can't do justice. I'm sure there are a number of you on here who will feel that.

Each to their own though.

Mike

X a billion!!! Amen Bruce!!! I never got to make it to a VA race. Have wanted to though, but thanks to Bruton it won't happen :(

I couldn't care less, for 4 lane racing or all these fancy facilities. Sure they're nice. But none of those races come close to Indy or Pomona!! Or maybe there is something wrong with me? Because when I've gone to Indy or Pomona (Especially Pomona for me) The vibe I get is something words can't do justice. I'm sure there are a number of you on here who will feel that.

Each to their own though.

Mike

Nothin' wrong with ya, Mike... We're just getting to the point when we all remember what it was that attracted us to the races in the first place, and we're seeing that slowly slip away...

The vibe is regularly being replaced by the hype. :(

I wonder what the anouncement wil be? Oh and Indy will allways be the biggest race to the people who care about the history behind it you can have all the luxuries and gimicks you want at some other track but you cant make up for the history that indy has . Now if you did not give a damn one bit about the history then it doesnt matter what race it is it wont matter to that person . History is what makes something what it is . If any race is just another race it is the 4-lane track , because its new it doesnt have that history behind it . Get some years on behind it and then see . If it wasnt for the history behind the NHRA then the NHRA wouldnt be any big deal .

Last edited:

... the only thing worse than watching 2 cars nose over on the delay box is watching 4...

You're thinking about throttle stops. Delay boxes slow down a drivers reaction time so he/she doesn't go red... Just sayin. :D

Pete Pistone (Sirius Radio-The Morning Drive co-host) is reporting the rumor around Charlotte is............"wait for it".............Bruton IS buying NHRA.

If he does , I hope its for the better . In my personal oppinion I would like to see the nhra run as a racing organisation and not just entertainment . I mean sure it is to the people watching entertainment but the racing should be whats important that should come first . Every class should be just as important as any other class whether it be jr dragsters or top fuel and everybody should be treated equal no special treatment . I dont know if thats a good idea I could be wrong in that thinking . In fact I think if someone was to take over the nhra the first question that should be asked from management to its people all the racers the members and fans everybody they should ask "What do you want out of your organisation" meaning the nhra .

Last edited:

It's announced on the Z-Max Web Site, the NHRA 4 Wide Nationals..........:D

Charlotte Motor Speedway | Dragway | NHRA Nationals - March

fourwidenatls_10_250x150.png

Wow this is going to be sweet. Hope it works out and all the lanes are somewhat equal. And it will be interesting to see how they run it...like all 4 have to stage at once, etc.

Wow this is going to be sweet. Hope it works out and all the lanes are somewhat equal. And it will be interesting to see how they run it...like all 4 have to stage at once, etc.

That will be the hardest part, coordinating the staging all of the cars. They'll have to adjust the auto start.

There would surely be a beat down if someone tries to do a staging duel at the tree.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back