Charlotte Lucas under attack, unfortunatly! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Worst case. If this gets legs where the wrong people decide to make an example out of a millionaire who lives the lifestyle and openly whines about minorities, the press can twist words and tear that company into shreds.. Walmart, truck stops et.al. will instantly cut ties so to not be associated with the stigma.

How is that spineless approach sounding now?

Here's the start of your worst case: ?uestlove of the Roots has just posted the quote on his Twitter (almost a million followers) & Facebook (about as many followers)... Public opinion will now be (as expected) slanted in the court of popular social media circles... This is going to get bigger and uglier before it goes away :(

I think her comments today should clear all this up:
“I apologize to everyone for the insensitive comments posted on my Facebook account. My comments did not reflect my personal views about any individual or minority group, only my frustration that our government system sometimes seems out of balance,” Charlotte said. “We live in a great country, but the agenda for our elected officials is too often dictated by special interest groups. My comments did not reflect my true feelings, and I am sorry for anyone may have been offended.”
A statement was also issued by Robert Patison, general counsel for Lucas Oil Products.
“Actions speak louder than words. Lucas Oil is a small, family-owned, American company that prides itself on being a highly integrated and diverse organization with a great sense of community,” Patison wrote. “We provide significant financial support for a broad range of organizations that serve the needs of veterans, women, other minority groups, and disadvantaged individuals throughout the United States. Fairness and equality are core values of our company.”
The Lucas’ are well-known in the Indianapolis community. Their name adorns the stadium where the Indianapolis Colts play, and they give to a number of local charities.
- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...ok-oil-company-executive#sthash.YoIQgPjj.dpuf

Sorry Terry, but we've been around enough to know that those statements were generated by the "fix-**it" department that has become S.O.P. for Corporate.

Martin, obviously you don't agree with what Charlotte said. She apologized for what she said and also said she was frustrated about how our government system sometimes seems out of balance. I think most, if not all, of us have the same frustration.
What do you want from her, to slit her wrists, fall on her sword, you name it. She may not have expressed her frustration in the most diplomatic way. Obviously, you always do.
If you don't have the same frustration with our government today you have you head buried real deep in the sand or have been living in a hole somewhere.

Actually, personally, I don't give a flying fig about what people say in private. I feel that these folks lately that have been crucified because of a statement of belief is a sad judgement of where our society has headed. Maybe if everyone would stop thinking their personal opinions needed to be so damn public, via Tweets an Fb and the like, there might be less of this kind of blowback. But if you put it out there, you damn well better be prepared for others that don't agree with your point of view to come at you with the heat.

What your missing Terry, is that that "apology" came from the legal department over at Lucas. It "may" have been phrased by Charlotte, but it was publicly groomed by the "make it PC" department, that seems to exist in every corporation now. If anything, I don't want her to "fall on her sword"; I want her to own the statement as posted (by her, on her page), and tell the world "this is my opinion, like it or suck it". Releasing an apology for stating your opinion is already akin to slashing your own wrists, metaphorically...

What part of this statement has anything to do with government??

""I'm sick and tired of minorities running our country!" Lucas wrote in the post. "As far as I'm concerned, I don't think that atheists (minority), muslims [sic] (minority) nor any other minority group has the right to tell the majority of the people in the United States what they can and cannot do here. Is everyone so scared that they can't fight back for what is right or wrong with his country?"

I think this whole thing is going nowhere. Except for America hating web sites like the Daily Kook and a few others I haven't seen it anywhere else. Maybe you guys have and can enlighten me.

I think this whole thing is going nowhere. Except for America hating web sites like the Daily Kook and a few others I haven't seen it anywhere else. Maybe you guys have and can enlighten me.
We can only hope it dies a quiet death, RG, but as I said in a previous post, someone with about a million people listening to what he has to say just made this the news of his day. We knew about this early because of the Lucas' association with our sport; the rest of the world could possibly be seeing this as news next week. And inevitably, the Lucas association with Motorsports will have the spotlight shone on it.

The one good thing is that NHRA really does practice diversity and has for decades, and the Lucas company sponsors teams that are considered minorities and have done so for years.

I think her comments today should clear all this up:
“I apologize to everyone for the insensitive comments posted on my Facebook account. My comments did not reflect my personal views about any individual or minority group, only my frustration that our government system sometimes seems out of balance,” Charlotte said. “We live in a great country, but the agenda for our elected officials is too often dictated by special interest groups. My comments did not reflect my true feelings, and I am sorry for anyone may have been offended.”
A statement was also issued by Robert Patison, general counsel for Lucas Oil Products.
“Actions speak louder than words. Lucas Oil is a small, family-owned, American company that prides itself on being a highly integrated and diverse organization with a great sense of community,” Patison wrote. “We provide significant financial support for a broad range of organizations that serve the needs of veterans, women, other minority groups, and disadvantaged individuals throughout the United States. Fairness and equality are core values of our company.”
The Lucas’ are well-known in the Indianapolis community. Their name adorns the stadium where the Indianapolis Colts play, and they give to a number of local charities.
- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...ok-oil-company-executive#sthash.YoIQgPjj.dpuf

LOL ... there has been no more influential special interest group, in the history of our country, than oil companies.

None of this will matter as long as the NFL doesn't get involved.
The Lucas family isn't a controversial name, and Charlottes comments won't be a hot spot as long as someone with strong NFL ties says it is..
If that happens, this will get big legs.

I think this blows over for now, but it WILL come up at some point if the Lucas's become involved with anything political or ecological, or if Charlotte is allowed to talk again. She obviously isn't smart enough, or in touch with the real world to understand how racist she sounded to others.

The faceplant post leaves one too their own imagination without knowing what the hell she was responding to ..

This statement is what I have been trying to figure out -

'I will not elaborate other than to say that there are certain people who are trying to make the whole world eat what they want to eat and do what they want to do.
'I don't think it's any of their business what I put in my mouth. Thank you.'.....

Pretty sure this has to do with their stance on PETA and the Humane Society....which is why they started Protect the Harvest.

Oddly enough, I take offense of those saying Mrs. Lucas isn't smart. I've had the pleasure to talk to her and compliment her on being involved as not only a sponsor, but a driver, and she presented herself as a kind, intelligent and involved person in our sport. No need to make "mean" comments regarding someone's intelligence for what seems to be a case of social media diarrhea....

Martin,
I'm sure you are commenting about my post.
I guess I was more shocked that something like that came out of her head and on to Twitter leads me to really wonder WTF was she thinking?

I am sure she is a nice lady. She comes across as being very sweet and as we all know, behind every successful man is a successful woman. Without ever meeting her, and nothing to go on to form an opinion, and given everything they have accomplished together, she is probably extremely intelligent.

I think most would agree that is someone with connections with the latest hotbed of witch hunting (the NFL) who then posted something as provocative as Charlotte, something should have gone off in her head telling her to press cancel instead of post.
Her risks are much more costly than ours. You don't have to go far and see that our landscape is littered by good people, destroyed by the press who wants to sell a story, and by those who are extremely vicious and jealous who are intolerant of any miscues.
It was a dumb thing to post, given everything they stand to potentially lose.

I guess we are all human, and we all make mistakes. No one is perfect, including the Lucas's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back