Charlotte Lucas under attack, unfortunatly! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe there are so many spineless, gutless people on here that would have a problem with Charlotte Lucas stating the obvious! She, at the least deserves our support. She was not bashing in the slightest way any of the "protected groups" that get all the ink in the media. Have you checked out their website? Protect the Harvest. If you have or do you will see what we are ALL up against. Does Forest Lucas need the NFL? He pays them a lot of money for the title rights. So who needs who? Oh sure, you can go along to get along until our country is GONE! Things are not going too well, are they?

It's not about being spineless, it's about being intelligent and handling yourself as the owner of a billion dollar company, so you can keep on "being" a billion dollar company.
Ask Paula Deen how a few misguided words can destroy your life long work and business in a week, how much buying power those "minorities" can control with corporate and private sector America, how much influence they have with the press, and how most Americans are appalled at that type of ignorant thinking, especially coming from someone of excessive privilege..
I bet Forrest is beside himself with this one.

Unlike normal, unimportant Americans like us, higher profile business people should never touch hot button issues if they have something that they don't want jeopardized. You simply can't drop nuggets of total ignorance and stupidity without repercussion. I don't understand the double whammy "what I eat' line she wrote. Even animals in the wild do not to defecate where they eat. I'm sure there is plenty of that minority cash in her purse.

So far, I haven't heard a word in the national media which is great news for the Lucas's, although it's going to take a couple of weeks before we know for sure. If any Lucas says something wrong or racist down the road, this will become fresh news again.
The one thing in the Lucas's favor is that their products are predominately purchased by men, and we really don't care what she says as long as the product works. Most might even agree.
Worst case. If this gets legs where the wrong people decide to make an example out of a millionaire who lives the lifestyle and openly whines about minorities, the press can twist words and tear that company into shreds.. Walmart, truck stops et.al. will instantly cut ties so to not be associated with the stigma.

How is that spineless approach sounding now?

Last edited:
She isn't a star.
She is in business with a product to sell to the general public. Some of those buyers like WalMart don't want or like controversy. Trust me, they are watching closely to see if this grows legs.
If they didnt own sponsorship rights to an NFL stadium, nobody would care because outside of the NHRA, no one knows or cares who she is. I think it would be a non issue. Hopefully it is a non issue, but..
The Lucas's are now tied to the NFL, and there is a witch hunt going on in that league for all that is wrong with the world. The press is hot on the trail, and this might fit for an appointment at the stake..

I do agree our country would be a better place without all of this racial and minority drama. It is BS.
Stand up for her?
I'm not standing up for her because I don't agree with a thing she said and how she said it. What she said only fans the Liberal flames, and she did come off as some simple minded millionaire.
I feel embarrassed for her.

She gained absolutely nothing here, other than opening her mouth and removing all doubt. And now, she has put to major risk everything they have worked for all of their lives, and now including any political clout their money could buy.
It's very sad, and I hope all of this blows over fast.

We are a country of many ethnicities, religions and laws. If you want to change something, don't spout off with some senseless rant. That can have devastating consequences. Either support a candidate with similar views or run for office and inact the change you invision yourself.
The majority of votes will decide if she has a point, and the press will now decide if this is newsworthy and provocative enough to dig in.

Last edited:
I can't wait until she hands a Wally to Antron. One has to wonder what she would say to a Mexican-American mother whose child just gave thier life to defend her right to make stupid statements...

The Politicians and the Political Correct movement have determined if your White, your the problem in the United states in 2014! All the problems this Country faces is because of White oppression caused by past injustices brought on by Whites to Minorities the past 250 years! So now it's time to punish the White man via Gov. Programs, Quotas in Gov. Hiring, College admissions! I laugh Everytime I hear white liberals talk about "All those White people". White guilt has taken on a life of its own anymore....

Gah. Politics in a drag racing forum. Surely there is another forum where one can get their frustrations out regarding the current political climate, whether you want to commiserate, or have spirited (and hopefully rational) discussion

Last edited:
Just like in the UK, if you lot in America had less large guys and girls wobbling around and/or too lazy to work, you wouldn't get people coming in that can do the work. Simples.

Is that controversial enough?

Last edited:
Once again, proof that Twitter is the work of the devil......or something like that.

I mean, how many people have tanked (or seriously dented) their careers since going on social media?

Sorry, life shouldn't be an open book for ANYBODY to criticize.

Tight call Tom. It is political but a drag racing personality brought up in public. If it mainly continues to be focus on her, what she said, possible(or real) ramifications on her, Lucas Oil or the NHRA then it makes sense to keep it here.

I can't wait until she hands a Wally to Antron. One has to wonder what she would say to a Mexican-American mother whose child just gave thier life to defend her right to make stupid statements...

I think you COMPLETELY missed the point of her post. Example. An atheist group wants no mention of Christmas on public property, to the point where people are threatened with termination for saying "Merry Christmas." Muslim groups demanding time off from work 5 times a day for prayer to Mecca (and getting it) while other religious groups are threatened with termination for taking a moment to recognize their beliefs.

Has nothing to do with ethnic minorities.

She is correct.

No matter what one reads or does not read into her post, I find the first statement very inflammatory at best. I believe that the controversy of her words will precede her actions for quite sometime...

Seems there's a bit of fuzzy focus here.

There's quite obviously something much more to this rant. I for one, could care less about finding out what it might be. I can't possibly be delusional enough to think a rich oil person and myself have the same issues in life, work, or the future. I personally have a hard time understanding what in her life could be so awful that she needs to lash out. She's got it good. She needs it "gooder"? Those in the minority and Muslims threaten her way of life? Seriously? Kind of disturbing to think that someone who can smile so much, and has so much to smile about, can have such a damaging view. You can see it as you wish, but I choose to think America is a good place. A place where people of different cultures and beliefs can coexist. There's doing what's popular, and there's doing what's right. Often times, these things are on opposite ends of the argument. I don't care if there's a religious, economic-centric majority that believes one way. When you oppress fellow citizens because of your personal beliefs, you've aligned yourself with some very dangerous people in history.

The confusion that minorities are dictating the lifestyles of all Americans is flat-out insane. At best, what she is taking issue with are equal rights, and the laws governing such things, which doesn't speak well to this whole discussion, as so many here seem to "back" her thoughts. I've met plenty of people from all walks of life, and it's quite disturbing when I come across people who are fine with a free country, as long as it's their free, not someone else's.

There's laws, then there's politics. Laws are written, and pertain to every citizen. Politics are usually decided by majority voting (save the minutia of explaining electoral college and gerrymandering, I understand them quite well.). A minority usually loses because, as their namesake suggests, they are fewer in number than the majority. Laws are in place to protect citizens. If there's a law that says you have freedom of speech, there you go. If there's a law that states you have the freedom to religious expression, there you go. If there's a law that says you can't force your religious beliefs upon others, there you go. You can't have it all when you live in a country of differing beliefs. I usually see these arguments break down to vitriol.

You have all the freedom to practice your beliefs. You don't, however, have the freedom to force your opinions of religion upon others who differ in your views. These two usually come to a head when some group wishes to use public spaces as personal use sights to express themselves. Privately, have at it. Publicly, deal with it. You don't live in your country, we live in our country.

I often see people not understanding the obvious differences of law, and beliefs. They often don't see the "harm" of their actions, for in their mind, and belief, all they are doing is trying to be "good". It's a myopic view of a pretty cut and dry deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back