Charlotte Lucas under attack, unfortunatly! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy

Nitro Member
This is seriously disappointing

I mean seriously, 1st amendment seems to only apply to liberals at this current time

They can bash whatever they want as free speech

But if you have an opinion like Mrs Lucus which said nothing hateful, racist etc. just pointed out why we allow minorities (that is a % folks, not a group or race) to control this country over the majority?

It is a valid question and opinion!

This is a witch hunt

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...acebook-rant-about-minorities-raises-eyebrows

INDIANAPOLIS - A Facebook rant from a prominent Indianapolis figure was raising eyebrows Friday, Call 6 Investigator Rafael Sanchez reported.

Call 6 Investigators obtained a Facebook posting from Charlotte Lucas in which she appears to write disparaging remarks about minorities. Lucas founded Lucas Oil with husband Forrest in 1989 and currently serves as executive vice president of Lucas Oil Products

lucas-facebook-rant_1412376091003_8681872_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

"I'm sick and tired of minorities running our country!" Lucas wrote in the post. "As far as I'm concerned, I don't think that atheists (minority), muslims [sic] (minority) nor any other minority group has the right to tell the majority of the people in the United States what they can and cannot do here. Is everyone so scared that they can't fight back for what is right or wrong with his country?"

In a phone call with Call 6 Investigator Rafael Sanchez, Lucas confirmed the Facebook post.

"I was very upset when I wrote that," she said. "I will not elaborate other than to say that there are certain people who are trying to make the whole world eat what they want to eat and do what they want to do. I don't think it's any of their business what I put in my mouth. Thank you."

The Lucas name adorns the stadium downtown where the Indianapolis Colts play. They have also given generously to a number of local charities.

This past spring, Charlotte Lucas received a Spirit Award from the Madame Walker Theatre honoring her work in philanthropy, business, arts and culture.

The 1st amendment cuts both ways. It's a right that some do not respect.
I would hope a person of her position would handle herself a little more close to the vest. I think she might have had a few too many when she posted that.
The 1st amendment guarantees the right of free speech. Free speech is not free law, so she can also speak her mind as she is doing here.
If she has a problem with others speaking their feelings, she has the right and the luxury to support and vote for those who may change the laws to her liking. Others are not so fortunate.

I 100% agree with her, but this is why I don't Facebook or Twitter or any of that junk....most people today get in trouble when they post on those sites

she probably should have said "those in the minority"

The first amendment ONLY protects your speech from the Federal Government. It doesn't protect me from you, or you from the media.

Don't expect to go around saying whatever you want, and when someone responds in kind, shrink behind the first amendment (incorrectly) or play the victim.

EDIT: Not that I think Charlotte is hiding behind the amendment or playing the victim, she owned the statement and further clarified. I was just trying to point out not many people understand the first amendment, how it works and subsequently do not understand free speech or how it works. This twitter post is in no way, shape or form a first amendment issue.

Last edited:
You can bet bad things are coming..
I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL doesnt have something to say about this. Although they are a simple stadium name sponsor, the Colts may have some splain'in to do, and might be pressured by the NFL to dump them. Considering the NFL's recent political correctness, I wouldn't want to be Charlotte, especially now.....

Such an ignorant, foolish statememt. It makes her look like a simple minded hillbilly, who shot and found that bubbling crude..
If this does get legs, the Liberal media will destroy them and there isn't enough money in the account to fix it, or the potential damage done to their business.

Lets hope this blows over...

Last edited:
I 100% agree with her, but this is why I don't Facebook or Twitter or any of that junk....most people today get in trouble when they post on those sites

she probably should have said "those in the minority"

I agree with her too. So much "political correctness" these days.

Who knows, it may have been a private conversation between her and someone else. Taken out of context, just about any statement could be twisted into something bad. I can't believe someone would spend the time scanning other's conversations to make a stink about it. Who "discovered" this conversation?

I read her comments and I understand what she said but my question is what provoked her enough to most her comments online?

Who and what were her comments directed towards or was it just a general statement she was making?

Jimbo

I don't know what caused her to make that statement. It doesn't make any difference whether she had one to many or whatever the circumstances were. George, I agree totally with you statement and if this happens to explode in the media, as she is a very visible person with a very large company, it could have a very negative affect on their business.
Agreed, in our great country everyone has the right to his/her opinion regardless how bigoted or narrow minded it might be and Charlotte certainly has shown her colors. No more Lucas products around here.
She needs to step back and take a look at the people running our Government today. Each and every one of them was put into office by a 'MAJORITY' vote. She also needs to remember that she is in a minority classification herself - female.
Not to sure she can talk herself out of this mess.

Last edited:
I can't believe there are so many spineless, gutless people on here that would have a problem with Charlotte Lucas stating the obvious! She, at the least deserves our support. She was not bashing in the slightest way any of the "protected groups" that get all the ink in the media. Have you checked out their website? Protect the Harvest. If you have or do you will see what we are ALL up against. Does Forest Lucas need the NFL? He pays them a lot of money for the title rights. So who needs who? Oh sure, you can go along to get along until our country is GONE! Things are not going too well, are they?

Although her comments weren't directed toward them personally, I can only wonder what Al-Anabi Racing and Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani might be thinking about her comments. As George pointed out, I'm hoping that the Mainstream Media doesn't try to shove this story down our throats, as the fallout could be quite detrimental to the entire range of motorsports. Fingers crossed.

Although her comments weren't directed toward them personally, I can only wonder what Al-Anabi Racing and Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani might be thinking about her comments. As George pointed out, I'm hoping that the Mainstream Media doesn't try to shove this story down our throats, as the fallout could be quite detrimental to the entire range of motorsports. Fingers crossed.

I could give a rats *** what the sheikh thinks.

She said "OR ANY OTHER MINIORITY GROUP". American Heritage Dictionary - MINORITY: "A racial, religious, political, national, or other group regarded as different from the larger group of which it is part". By definition that would mean anyone in the top 5% are minorities, which is very true. Her comments are like the pot calling the kettle black....she IS a minority.

Dang, just what we don't need, politics on Mater. Hope this doesn't dissuade some people from voting for Crampton as rookie of the year, which he should win by a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back