Charlotte Lucas under attack, unfortunatly! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure many of you visit other racing sites, and know your fair share of racers and owners. What surprises me is how everyone acts so surprised when the subject of race and religion come up in racing circles and there is an overwhelming base of Conservatism, blatant racism and Islamaphobia that rears its head and becomes very vocal on these message boards. This isn't just a few people- this could be the thinking of 40-50 percent of this country. Any surprise the Lucas' may have some conservative leanings? Really?

What part of this statement has anything to do with government??

""I'm sick and tired of minorities running our country!" Lucas wrote in the post. "As far as I'm concerned, I don't think that atheists (minority), muslims [sic] (minority) nor any other minority group has the right to tell the majority of the people in the United States what they can and cannot do here. Is everyone so scared that they can't fight back for what is right or wrong with his country?"

It's called Political Correctness, and how SOO many Americans including me are sick and tired of being told how to think, what to think about just about anything by our government! I'm going to Drive whatever I damn well please, the Prius/Smart car crowd can Kiss my ass! And I could care less Barack Obama is Black, I think he is the most Anti-American President to ever hold office, and getting called a racist because I disagree with anything he does Pisses me off! Anything else???

it is sad turn of affairs in this country if in fact tax dollar generators are a slim minority to those dependent on tax dollars.
it would seem to me to be unsustainable and slowly erodes common sense; notably elected officials arguing for the slim majority.
this is not a knock against particular group of people whatsoever; only a logical comment on money in vs. money out.
it is no wonder there are blatant opinions (as you stated martin).....this country was built on hard work, not hand outs.

It's called Political Correctness, and how SOO many Americans including me are sick and tired of being told how to think, what to think about just about anything by our government! I'm going to Drive whatever I damn well please, the Prius/Smart car crowd can Kiss my ass! And I could care less Barack Obama is Black, I think he is the most Anti-American President to ever hold office, and getting called a racist because I disagree with anything he does Pisses me off! Anything else???

Agree 100% Joe

Joe, I feel your pain. It's just like me after 9-11 and the ensuing military activity when I was called unpatriotic, anti-American, a communist (?), all because I dared question ANYTHING George W. was doing after the attack. Simply having my own opinions and not going along 100% at that time made me "unamerican". Wasn't a very pleasant time

Agree times four. The left wing/PC crowd's "my way or no way" B.S. has to end.

Risk vs. Reward.
That is my only point.
Unlike us, she has plenty to risk by opening her mouth, and I'm not sure there was any reward.
And the lefties will be her judge.
Unfortunately that's how the world is today.
Simply not worth it IMO.

Well, I'm kinda upset now. I sent her a friend request, but I understand that her Facebook page has been taken down...

Are atheist a race? How about Muslims? Without attaching your own bigoted thoughts I can't see anyway that a person with any intelligence can come up with the idea that her words were raciest. She seemed to me to be referring to the few (minority) telling the many (majority) what they can/should be doing in their personal lives, specifically on what you eat, and I agree whole heartily.

Where do I sign up for POOP?

Ya need a brain to do that.

Mark Breznay. Bringing 3rd grade mentality to an adult discussion one click at a time...every time.

Used to be everyone was entitled to an opinion. Now the PC crowd has changed that to "Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as we agree with it, or else we'll hate you, boycott your company, trash you on the internet, etc."

This year for Halloween I'm going to give out bottles of Lucas Oil Stabilizer instead of candy.

Cheers.

None of this will matter as long as the NFL doesn't get involved.
The Lucas family isn't a controversial name, and Charlottes comments won't be a hot spot as long as someone with strong NFL ties says it is..
If that happens, this will get big legs.

I think this blows over for now, but it WILL come up at some point if the Lucas's become involved with anything political or ecological, or if Charlotte is allowed to talk again. She obviously isn't smart enough, or in touch with the real world to understand how racist she sounded to others.
Seems to me the NFL has much larger fires to put out now than what Charlotte Lucas says on her Facebook account.

LOL ... there has been no more influential special interest group, in the history of our country, than oil companies.

In the interest of PC accuracy, Lucas is technically not an oil company but is a chemical company. They have no exploration, crude oil production, refining of crude oil or marketing outlets belonging to Lucas.

Agree times four. The left wing/PC crowd's "my way or no way" B.S. has to end.

Well, John, I guess you are lumping me in with all of the "left wing/PC crowd" just because my political preferences lie on the opposite side of the aisle.I certainly don't agree with everything said or done by the right (and the left for that matter) but I don't spend a lot of time throwing daggers at the other side by condemning everyone who holds different political beliefs than I do. I have my beliefs, but you, who hold different beliefs, has every right to them. I like to think that the idea of being able to think different things without being told my "left wing/PC B.S. has to end" is kinda what democracy is all about. I have my own political beliefs and ideas, and they are markedly different than those of Joe, but he has the same right to them as I do to mine as long as we don't infringe on the other's right to hold those beliefs. I don't often agree with Joe politically, but I respect him as a knowledgeable drag race fan and supporter, and his political beliefs have nothing to do with what I think of him as a person. I like to think Joe feels the same way about me and my political leanings.

Left isn't intrinsically evil. Right isn't intrinsically evil. Both should be part of a delicate system of balances that our forefathers envisioned a long time ago and called it democracy.

Putting away my soap box and podium now....

Mark Breznay. Bringing 3rd grade mentality to an adult discussion one click at a time...every time.

Used to be everyone was entitled to an opinion. Now the PC crowd has changed that to "Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as we agree with it, or else we'll hate you, boycott your company, trash you on the internet, etc."

This year for Halloween I'm going to give out bottles of Lucas Oil Stabilizer instead of candy.

Cheers.

Which RACIST is YOUR hero?

Well, John, I guess you are lumping me in with all of the "left wing/PC crowd" just because my political preferences lie on the opposite side of the aisle.I certainly don't agree with everything said or done by the right (and the left for that matter) but I don't spend a lot of time throwing daggers at the other side by condemning everyone who holds different political beliefs than I do. I have my beliefs, but you, who hold different beliefs, has every right to them. I like to think that the idea of being able to think different things without being told my "left wing/PC B.S. has to end" is kinda what democracy is all about. I have my own political beliefs and ideas, and they are markedly different than those of Joe, but he has the same right to them as I do to mine as long as we don't infringe on the other's right to hold those beliefs. I don't often agree with Joe politically, but I respect him as a knowledgeable drag race fan and supporter, and his political beliefs have nothing to do with what I think of him as a person. I like to think Joe feels the same way about me and my political leanings.

Left isn't intrinsically evil. Right isn't intrinsically evil. Both should be part of a delicate system of balances that our forefathers envisioned a long time ago and called it democracy.

Putting away my soap box and podium now....

Some people are so far to the right, they don't know they have a left hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back