Charlotte Lucas under attack, unfortunatly! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said minorities are libs? News to me.

And who said this got off topic? Unless you are myopic it's plain to see there is a discussion going on that involves one of the biggest supporters of the sport. And if Chris and Andy don't like it, then they shouldn't click on this thread. You'll save yourself the frustration of being involved in an adult discussion in the process, plus the two calories you consumed in your effort to find this.

Cheers.

Does anyone remember Leona Helmsly?

I agree she has an opinion no matter who she is married to

And sharing her opinion might mean more than $$$$ to her. I have subjects that mean more to me than money and hope others do also.

Her comments were NOT about race, and their sponsorship of Arana should show that

Her comments were meant in "Majority/Minority % " NOT ABOUT RACE!

The country is Christian by a large majority %, so why let the "minority" atheists (Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%, and non-religious a further 16% of the world population) (1.6% in AMERICA) dictate what we can do or talk about is all she was saying

2.01% REALLY, and they are dictating what we say and do is insanity!!
And I agree and common sense should make anyone else as well

My religion's better than your religion...........................

So are you saying Arana and Torres are pushing their morals on Lucas so she's a hypocrit for sponsoring them? Wouldn't you agree that since Lucas sponsors them then they certainly don't have an issue with ethnic minorities? And since you made this post isn't it fair to say you really don't understand the point she was trying make? I certainly think so.

Do you understand?

Hey this is my 1000th post. Well here it goes!

I'm 100 per cent behind Mrs. Lucas. For some reason about 53 per cent of this country have no back bone to stand up for this country they would rather have the government take care of all their needs and that has created a dismal effect on how other countries look at America. This use to be the strongest country in the world and people look up to us for that, now all our leaders want to do is apologize. Mrs Lucas and the 47per cent are what America is about. Terry can stop using Lucas product, The Sheik can go home, NFL doesn't like it too bad, and George can stay on his negative rant. We will survive without them, I'm proud to be part of that 47 history will show we where right.

Hey Kevin:

How is Charlotte's view damaging? Only to LIV's who aren't paying attention? Without realizing it, of course, you have made her argument in some of your points.

You can't exercise your beliefs anymore with any freedom. You are now forced to do things that are against your personal and religious belief with the threat of jail time and fines.

I understand your view, I do, though I don't agree with it. I respect the fact that your opinions and beliefs are as important to you, as mine are to me.

Her comment is damaging to anyone in the minority and religious persuasion mentioned that don't embody her reason for taking issue (whatever that is, as stated, I don't actually see any information other than a comment against them for seemingly strong-arming the majority) and I see it as provocative speech, seeing as it's a high profile individual. Mind you, the chosen form of expression is an electronic account that kept her to a minimal use of characters, so as I said, I am not sure exactly what the real issue of hers is. I am personally guessing it's something business related, but it's just a guess.

My only other thing to add to this discussion, besides my original post, is that for every example you might give as proof of rights and religious beliefs being oppressed, I will guarantee there are thousands of examples to the contrary. I will say I am not hard and fast in agreement or disagreement with major cases that make it to the media, as they are quite broad and vast in their repercussions and addressing line by line would take quite a long time and posts to discuss, but it does concern me when precedence is made that seems to steer this nation down a road that ends up muddying the waters of the separation of church and state.

It's hard for me to feel the majority being of a certain religion is on the losing side of any of this. It's hardest for me to believe her problems are the same problems I encounter.

Privately owned is not privately operated. I do find it ridiculous the extent some will go to make a stand on the most bizarre things (wedding cake) when there are for more important issues to tackle. Make a club of a business, with memberships and dues, and the laws state you're in the clear (though I'll admit I am not an attorney specializing in business, federal or constitutional law). These aren't easily compartmented discussions, as one thing affects another and so on.

Last edited:
You really are misinformed if you think that, Minorities are the only voters Politicians in D.C. Care about! Look at Obama allowing our Southern border to be overrun, why? The entire Democrat party has made the White man the enemy of the world!

Joe, you're a real piece of work. Is there any post you aren't placing the back of your hand to your forehead and fainting? I may be misinformed about a few things in life, but then I educate myself on them before speaking.

images

Joe, you're a real piece of work. Is there any post you aren't placing the back of your hand to your forehead and fainting? I may be misinformed about a few things in life, but then I educate myself on them before speaking.

Your misinformed about this, that I can clearly see!

Seems there's a bit of fuzzy focus here.

There's quite obviously something much more to this rant. I for one, could care less about finding out what it might be. I can't possibly be delusional enough to think a rich oil person and myself have the same issues in life, work, or the future. I personally have a hard time understanding what in her life could be so awful that she needs to lash out. She's got it good. She needs it "gooder"? Those in the minority and Muslims threaten her way of life? Seriously? Kind of disturbing to think that someone who can smile so much, and has so much to smile about, can have such a damaging view. You can see it as you wish, but I choose to think America is a good place. A place where people of different cultures and beliefs can coexist. There's doing what's popular, and there's doing what's right. Often times, these things are on opposite ends of the argument. I don't care if there's a religious, economic-centric majority that believes one way. When you oppress fellow citizens because of your personal beliefs, you've aligned yourself with some very dangerous people in history.

The confusion that minorities are dictating the lifestyles of all Americans is flat-out insane. At best, what she is taking issue with are equal rights, and the laws governing such things, which doesn't speak well to this whole discussion, as so many here seem to "back" her thoughts. I've met plenty of people from all walks of life, and it's quite disturbing when I come across people who are fine with a free country, as long as it's their free, not someone else's.

There's laws, then there's politics. Laws are written, and pertain to every citizen. Politics are usually decided by majority voting (save the minutia of explaining electoral college and gerrymandering, I understand them quite well.). A minority usually loses because, as their namesake suggests, they are fewer in number than the majority. Laws are in place to protect citizens. If there's a law that says you have freedom of speech, there you go. If there's a law that states you have the freedom to religious expression, there you go. If there's a law that says you can't force your religious beliefs upon others, there you go. You can't have it all when you live in a country of differing beliefs. I usually see these arguments break down to vitriol.

You have all the freedom to practice your beliefs. You don't, however, have the freedom to force your opinions of religion upon others who differ in your views. These two usually come to a head when some group wishes to use public spaces as personal use sights to express themselves. Privately, have at it. Publicly, deal with it. You don't live in your country, we live in our country.

I often see people not understanding the obvious differences of law, and beliefs. They often don't see the "harm" of their actions, for in their mind, and belief, all they are doing is trying to be "good". It's a myopic view of a pretty cut and dry deal.

We see the difference in laws and beliefs, the problem is the people from other beliefs want to come to this country and change our laws and ways of life to fit their beliefs that's what Mrs. Lucas is talking about. If they come here and don't like it GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM. Sorry you're speaking with blind eyes IMO.

You want to take down some racists? Here are some for you. Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, Winfrey, Obama, and Obama. Start with them.

Racist or civil right activist. I do believe that Jackson and Sharpton may in it for show and have lost their way. Anyway, we were all minorities until we wiped out the Indians.

Randy, what is the point she was trying to make and how can you be sure of it without talking with her.
She said she would further discuss with the media today. Anyone heard anything?

Racist or civil right activist. I do believe that Jackson and Sharpton may in it for show and have lost their way. Anyway, we were all minorities until we wiped out the Indians.

Sharpton and Jackson are in it for all the money that they can hijack out of companies by extortion. Nothing more.

With all the money Jesse's Rainbow/Push coalition takes in when was the last time you heard of a grant or assistance to those in need coming from them?

Even the Ferguson protestors told Jackson to take a hike... http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...s-money-ferguson-protesters-tell-jesse-shove/

The honest folks get it.

Randy, I understand what you are saying. Let's just see what Charlotte has to say today. It may put a totally different meaning to what she said. I'am willing to give her the a chance to explain.

Kevin is a small businessman. He owns two billboards in Ennis, Texas. For years he has been paid by food companies, Real Estate firms and others to advertise on his two billboards on a month to month basis. Kevin is also a drag racer who races at the Texas Motorplex every time they have the chance. His family and most of his friends have been going to the Motorplex for years and they are also good friends with Billy Meyer.

A guy moves his business to Ennis and decides he doesn't like drag racing because it stinks, it's noisy and he thinks people like Kevin and his friends have a mental disorder which causes them to race cars and spend time at the Motorplex. Because Kevin owns the only two billboards in Ennis, the guy seeks to rent both of them to place anti-Motorplex ads on them in order to encourage the people of Ennis to put pressure on the county to revoke the Motorplex's operating permit. Kevin refuses, saying he has the right to decide what is displayed on his billboards. Because it goes against his belief that the Motorplex has a right to operate, he decides he has the right to reject the ads. The guy sues Kevin for refusing to run his adds claiming discrimination based on his personal opinions rather than a business decision.

Reading Kevin's rationale in his post above, he would side with the guy wanting to shut down the Motorplex rather than himself for placing restrictions on how he does business, because "Privately owned is not privately operated" per Kevin.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back