Charlotte Lucas under attack, unfortunatly! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kevin:

How is Charlotte's view damaging? Only to LIV's who aren't paying attention? Without realizing it, of course, you have made her argument in some of your points.

You can't exercise your beliefs anymore with any freedom. You are now forced to do things that are against your personal and religious belief with the threat of jail time and fines. Hobby Lobby comes to mind. It's a private company that offers almost 20 forms of birth control in their health care plan. But because of their personal religious beliefs they did not want to offer a morning after pill that terminates a fertilized life in the womb because they think it is murder. The Bible says God knew us before we were formed in the womb. It also says in Psalms 139:13-16: For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

The anti life haters filed a lawsuit but Hobby Lobby won. The media played it out as Hobby Lobby hating female employees with their "war on women" and their free choice for reproductive rights forgetting about the nearly 20 birth control options they did pay for.

Then there is the guy who baked cakes and cookies for a living who has strong religious beliefs concerning marriage. They believe, like Obama did, that marriage is between a man and a woman as set forth by God. They decided, when asked, to pass on making a wedding cake for a gay couple. The couple sued, won and put the cake baking couple out of business with fines, etc. for exercising their personal beliefs which were forced on no one. The gay couple could have moved on down the street to get their cake but instead forced their morals on this couple. All this points to your comments in your second to last paragraph where you say "You have all the freedom to practice your beliefs. You don't, however, have the freedom to force your opinions of religion upon others..." You mean like the gay couple and the courts just did to the baker? You are so wrong in so many ways. There are hundreds of examples.

Here's the story :http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-to-Go-to-Jail-for-Declining-Gay-Wedding-Cake

We were in Houston a few years ago racing. One night me and my crew stopped at a Denny's. The people inside had a complexion different than ours. When we came through the door we were told "We are closed!" I said "Denny's never closes." They said "This one just did." When we got back in the van we saw another couple who had a complexion similar to those in the Denny's go through the door and get seated. I told the guys they have a sign in there that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and they are exercising that right." We accepted it and went elsewhere. Maybe I should have sued them for discrimination. Or maybe I should have done what we did...move on.

At any rate, a lot of what you say shouldn't be happening in your post, is happening.

Last edited:
Seems to me this particular discussion has gotten way out of hand. It has gone from minorities, whatever that means today, to birth control and conception. Not sure how all this relates to drag racing except Charlotte Lucas, whose family and company both race and support drag racing, said what she did. In our country we can each believe in whatever we want, right, wrong or indifferent. You don't have to agree with the person next to you (unless it's your wife) as everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. Sometimes if your opinion is very controversial if may be good to keep it to yourself but you can still have that opinion. If everyone was to agree on everything it would get pretty boring.
A far left wing Democrat can be friends with a far right wing Republican and still be good friends. This can only be done if we treat people with that seven letter word that quite a few seem to have forgotten "RESPECT".
Personally, I don't think Charlotte showed 'RESPECT' in her tirade.

Hey Kevin:

How is Charlotte's view damaging? Only to LIV's who aren't paying attention? Without realizing it, of course, you have made her argument in some of your points.

You can't exercise your beliefs anymore with any freedom. You are now forced to do things that are against your personal and religious belief with the threat of jail time and fines. Hobby Lobby comes to mind. It's a private company that offers almost 20 forms of birth control in their health care plan. But because of their personal religious beliefs they did not want to offer a morning after pill that terminates a fertilized life in the womb because they think it is murder. The Bible says God knew us before we were formed in the womb. It also says in Psalms 139:13-16: For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

The anti life haters filed a lawsuit but Hobby Lobby won. The media played it out as Hobby Lobby hating female employees with their "war on women" and their free choice for reproductive rights forgetting about the nearly 20 birth control options they did pay for.

Then there is the guy who baked cakes and cookies for a living who has strong religious beliefs concerning marriage. They believe, like Obama did, that marriage is between a man and a woman as set forth by God. They decided, when asked, to pass on making a wedding cake for a gay couple. The couple sued, won and put the cake baking couple out of business with fines, etc. for exercising their personal beliefs which were forced on no one. The gay couple could have moved on down the street to get their cake but instead forced their morals on this couple. All this points to your comments in your second to last paragraph where you say "You have all the freedom to practice your beliefs. You don't, however, have the freedom to force your opinions of religion upon others..." You mean like the gay couple and the courts just did to the baker? You are so wrong in so many ways. There are hundreds of examples.

Here's the story :http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-to-Go-to-Jail-for-Declining-Gay-Wedding-Cake

We were in Houston a few years ago racing. One night me and my crew stopped at a Denny's. The people inside had a complexion different than ours. When we came through the door we were told "We are closed!" I said "Denny's never closes." They said "This one just did." When we got back in the van we saw another couple who had a complexion similar to those in the Denny's go through the door and get seated. I told the guys they have a sign in there that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and they are exercising that right." We accepted it and went elsewhere. Maybe I should have sued them for discrimination. Or maybe I should have done what we did...move on.

At any rate, a lot of what you say shouldn't be happening in your post, is happening.

She can say whatever she wants, it's her right.
Is she/are they willing to risk it on such a moronic thing, and maybe pay the ultimate price of voicing a divisive opinion in a country full of people looking to take down racists?
It'll make great TV, that's for sure.

What you don't get is that Lib's buy Lucas Oil Products too..
At least they used to, and those who retail their products cater to the everyone because minorities spend money also..
They may not want to carry products from a company who's co owner decides to cause an issue.

Was it worth it?
She should just be happy she Married Forrest, and stay quiet, which will insure the money continues to roll in...or not.
Its her free choice.

Seems to me this particular discussion has gotten way out of hand. It has gone from minorities, whatever that means today, to birth control and conception. Not sure how all this relates to drag racing except Charlotte Lucas, whose family and company both race and support drag racing, said what she did. In our country we can each believe in whatever we want, right, wrong or indifferent. You don't have to agree with the person next to you (unless it's your wife) as everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. Sometimes if your opinion is very controversial if may be good to keep it to yourself but you can still have that opinion. If everyone was to agree on everything it would get pretty boring.
A far left wing Democrat can be friends with a far right wing Republican and still be good friends. This can only be done if we treat people with that seven letter word that quite a few seem to have forgotten "RESPECT".
Personally, I don't think Charlotte showed 'RESPECT' in her tirade.

This.

She can say whatever she wants, it's her right.
Is she/are they willing to risk it on such a moronic thing, and maybe pay the ultimate price of voicing a divisive opinion in a country full of people looking to take down racists?
It'll make great TV, that's for sure.

What you don't get is that Lib's buy Lucas Oil Products too..
At least they used to, and those who retail their products cater to the everyone because minorities spend money also..
They may not want to carry products from a company who's co owner decides to cause an issue.

Was it worth it?
She should just be happy she Married Forrest, and stay quiet, which will insure the money continues to roll in...or not.
Its her free choice.
You want to take down some racists? Here are some for you. Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, Winfrey, Obama, and Obama. Start with them.

we'll never know the whole context of this story without the entire dialogue between charlotte and whomever she was replying to.
however, it does appear on the surface that her 'rant' was ill conceived and inappropriate

Last edited:
I would like to be around if she were to make the same comments in the S/C pits, where she races, to Val Torres and his family. I don't think it would have a pretty result. Unfortunately Hector Arana and his boys are sponsored by Lucas so they probably would not comment.

Who said minorities are libs? News to me.

And who said this got off topic? Unless you are myopic it's plain to see there is a discussion going on that involves one of the biggest supporters of the sport. And if Chris and Andy don't like it, then they shouldn't click on this thread. You'll save yourself the frustration of being involved in an adult discussion in the process, plus the two calories you consumed in your effort to find this.

Cheers.

I would like to be around if she were to make the same comments in the S/C pits, where she races, to Val Torres and his family. I don't think it would have a pretty result. Unfortunately Hector Arana and his boys are sponsored by Lucas so they probably would not comment.

So are you saying Arana and Torres are pushing their morals on Lucas so she's a hypocrit for sponsoring them? Wouldn't you agree that since Lucas sponsors them then they certainly don't have an issue with ethnic minorities? And since you made this post isn't it fair to say you really don't understand the point she was trying make? I certainly think so.

Wow! Seriously, George? This is 2014, isn't it? I'm speechless!

I agree she has an opinion no matter who she is married to

And sharing her opinion might mean more than $$$$ to her. I have subjects that mean more to me than money and hope others do also.

Her comments were NOT about race, and their sponsorship of Arana should show that

Her comments were meant in "Majority/Minority % " NOT ABOUT RACE!

The country is Christian by a large majority %, so why let the "minority" atheists (Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%, and non-religious a further 16% of the world population) (1.6% in AMERICA) dictate what we can do or talk about is all she was saying

2.01% REALLY, and they are dictating what we say and do is insanity!!
And I agree and common sense should make anyone else as well

Last edited:
I think people are twisting her intent. I saw nothing racial in her remarks, perhaps I missed it. I saw it to mean that she doesn't like how the majority are forced to change or act for the few. Now you may agree or disagree with her thoughts on that, but to make it about something that it isn't or labeling her racist/bigot etc, basically makes you what you are calling her.

The confusion that minorities are dictating the lifestyles of all Americans is flat-out insane. At best, what she is taking issue with are equal rights, and the laws governing such things, which doesn't speak well to this whole discussion, as so many here seem to "back" her thoughts. I've met plenty of people from all walks of life, and it's quite disturbing when I come across people who are fine with a free country, as long as it's their free, not someone else's.

You really are misinformed if you think that, Minorities are the only voters Politicians in D.C. Care about! Look at Obama allowing our Southern border to be overrun, why? The entire Democrat party has made the White man the enemy of the world!

Hey Kevin:

Isn't Breitbart DEAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back