Cash for Clunkers another waste (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member
I was made aware of this from a Vette Form group that I go to.

YouTube - Cash For Clunker Engine Stop Lynch GM Superstore

I don't know about others, but the cars I saw on U Tube were not the cars I had expected to see going into the program. I thought I would see the junk that we see on the road held together with tape & wire and just generally unsafe cars. What I saw were good cars that had low trade value with no apparent problems. Cars that many people drive to work as a second or third car.
I see another waste of our $$$ thanks to the Government handout again.
And what happens if some of the new buyers that traded in there paid off cars now can't make the extra car payment and higher Insurance cost for some reason later on? We going to bail them out too? Isn't that what all started this $$ collapse?
I am sure there are thousands out there that would have loved to receive one of these cars to use as transportation, rather than it be destroyed.
I guess I'm done with my rant thanks for letting me vent.
Watching some of the videos made me sick and so pi** off I could not see straight.

Just think about if someone had good credit would he be driving a clunker ( self defined, a car on its last miles) in the first place. After the clunker and factory rebates you still need to finance 12K. Think about it:confused:

The whole thing is a shame. All this does is screw the little guy. Good running cars that would have been on the market for 1 or 2 thousand dollars get crushed instead. What a shame.

Most of the cars I see on the news, being purchased, are not GM or Ford. Most are Japanese or Korean. Great way to stimulate American auto manufacturing.

Most of the cars I see on the news, being purchased, are not GM or Ford. Most are Japanese or Korean. Great way to stimulate American auto manufacturing.

Uhhh... not quite:

...And the top 10 new car purchases, subsidized by the American taxpayer, are mainly foreign vehicles:

1. Toyota Corolla MANUFACTURED IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

2. Ford Focus FWD MANUFACTURED IN MICHIGAN AND VARIOUS INT'L LOCATIONS

3. Honda Civic MANUFACTURED IN OHIO AND INDIANA

4. Toyota Prius MANUFACTURED IN NORTHERN ALABAMA

5. Toyota Camry MANUFACTURED IN INDIANA AND KENTUCKY

6. Ford Escape FWD MANUFACTURED IN MISSOURI

7. Hyndai Elantra MANUFACTURED IN ALABAMA AND ULSAN, KOREA

8. Dodge Caliber MANUFACTURED IN ILLINOIS

9. Honda Fit MANUFACTURED IN CHINA, VARIOUS WORLD LOCATIONS

10. Chevrolet Cobalt MANUFACTURED IN OHIO

This topic is being hammered around in the Politics Room too...

Uhhh... not quite:

Ok, 4 out of 10 (40%) 60% non Areican. 70% if you count Mopar as Italian run.

Uhhh... not quite:

Ok, 4 out of 10 (40%) 60% non Areican. 70% if you count Mopar as Italian run.

What constitutes an "American" company Tony?

Manufacturing plants in the U.S.?

Dealers in the U.S.?

U.S. Employees getting a paycheck building a car with a nameplate where the company is not based in the U.S., but still keeps U.S. citizens employed?

Profits going to the stockholders in the U.S.?

Profits going to the stockholders in other countries? (Like Ford and GM have done for years...)

:confused:

it is another scam. note that some dealers are opting out because they are owed hundreds of thousands by the feds. and these morons want to run health care....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back