Can't believe they sent Beckman (1 Viewer)

I’m curious, what could Hight have done to take points away? Do they deduct points for oildowns during the countdown? For some reason I thought not, if they do then that would explain it. Any other infraction would just cost him the round, but he was ahead by more than a round going into the final.

Alan said on NHRA.tv that if he crossed the centerline or oiled the track he would lose points. Then why even take it up to the line? Put it in the trailer and walk to the line with and adult beverage in hand.

Alan said on NHRA.tv that if he crossed the centerline or oiled the track he would lose points. Then why even take it up to the line? Put it in the trailer and walk to the line with and adult beverage in hand.
Because it’s the AAA Auto Club finals

I’m curious, what could Hight have done to take points away? Do they deduct points for oildowns during the countdown? For some reason I thought not, if they do then that would explain it. Any other infraction would just cost him the round, but he was ahead by more than a round going into the final.
There has been a centerline policy in place since early 2018 that penalizes drivers for crossing it up to the 1320' (even in 1000' classes) in order to discourage overly aggressive driving. http://www.nhraracer.com/files/2018/centerlinetimingblockpolicy.pdf

It has been protocol for as long as I can reminder if one car loses fire, to get the driver out of the car and off to the side so as not to hold up the other driver.

“I had to climb out of the thing, but the fans went nuts. It sucked because we didn’t get to run for a race win and get our seventh win of the season, but to hear the fans go nuts over that burnout was pretty cool. I just wish I could have made the run to prove to the crew chiefs that long burnouts don’t hurt anything.” - Hight

I remember Force did one and ran well last season, Hight wanted to, but maybe that is why the car broke. Is the jury still out on long burnouts and even the old throttle wack warm ups?

IMO he shut it off, when they interviewed him he said I went to back up and it died.
He was barely stopped and the hatch opened and he popped out, which means he was unbuckling fast never tried to back up.

IMO he shut it off, when they interviewed him he said I went to back up and it died.
He was barely stopped and the hatch opened and he popped out, which means he was unbuckling fast never tried to back up.

Hight is not going to 'forfeit' a race to another teams (main competitor) driver.

If I said that I misspoke, there is no penalty for oil in the countdown, there is only a penalty for centerline infractions. Crossing the centerline is a safety issue, oil down is not.

Jimmy Prock said it broke a connecting rod, is didn't like being on the throttle stop for 5.5 seconds. Oh, and Robert did that on his own, he didn't even tell Jimmy he was doing it. LoL

Robert is sharp enough that if he was planning to shut the car off he would have coasted over to the wall.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back