I'm no JFR hater, but... (1 Viewer)

If you all want to talk conspiracy theories what about Beckman taking the right lane against Capps. This a car running like that, you put them in the lane they haven't been running in. That was a head scratcher.

As to believe that Rahn wasn't already prepared in the lanes for a right lane tune up, if it became necessary to have to switch?

Me thinks we all underestimate the intelligence in the CC position for these teams... Had Beckman toasted Ron, would his crew chief been the hero for his forward thinking, or would it have been considered a dive on Ron's part, as per the collective thinking of several of the members here when one team surprises another?

There's nothing wrong with Team Orders, covering it up as though nothing happened, is wrong.

Team Orders are all over motorsports with very good reason.

As long as the team orders are, "Race heads up. Period", that's OK. Anything else is wrong. Covering it up just makes it worse.

And just what is the "very good reason" for team orders?

Thats all fine if your an actual particpant, but is it fair to the spectator who's paying money to watch fixed races ??

James, I agree with you. But, I'm just a fan. I can't control jackcrap. And my head at times has wanted to exploded like an improperly tuned Pedregon flopper. So, I've had to talk myself off the ledge.

I have come to the conclusion that the sports greatest driver, and even the sports greatest caretaker is going to do what is best for his business when given the chance. It's been proven.

The ppl that are really caught up in it are the individual fans of Robert Hight, Mike Neff, and John Force who paid the price for the ticket and cashed in on a Castrol or AAA tee shirt but have to explain to themselves in the stands in 90 degree heat (heat index 120) that it's OK. "My driver is on the trailer for the betterment of JFR, Sanyo, BrandSource, Castrol, AAA, etc"

How important is it to me that Don Schumacher continues to race heads up with no regard for the point standings, etc??? I'd say my Funny Car life depends on it.

My level of respect for Darr Hawthorne just dropped considerably.

The fans certainly "saw what they saw" But they didn't see what I saw, and neither did Darr,

Alan

Alan,

All due respect to your years in the sport. Not to mention what you bring to the broadcast/entertainment end of things. But if you'll check, you'll note I did mention Mr. Wilkerson. Alas, I missed Mr. Head, probably the smartest and most innovative of the bunch.

But I wasn't asking whether anyone else did the CC/Driver thing, but rather what another poster pointed out: that is this the reason why Tim and Jim are, at least at this point, not frequently a factor on Sunday? Mr. Neff, on the other hand, is usually much more so in the hunt. But it seems bad lights and lapsed concentration erases much of the performance edge he enjoys.

The question stands, "Is it just too much to expect of one person to wear both hats given the level of competition?"

By the way, stretch ... watch for the shadow your tall frame throws over those itty bitty drivers. It's like watching an eclipse in some shots.:D

Marc,

Sorry I did miss the Timmy W in the first read, and it sure aint easy to do it all, but some people just love a challenge.

Alan

My level of respect for Darr Hawthorne just dropped considerably.

The fans certainly "saw what they saw" But they didn't see what I saw, and neither did Darr,

Alan

+1 After all the years Greg and Jason have raced straight up, they still have to put up with this crap? It's early in the season. Both are well within the "countdown." One round win is meaningless to either in the points at this juncture. So after ten seasons together, Jason winning two P/S titles and tuning Greg to four, Sunday was the day all that changed. Sunday was the day that team orders comes to Team Summit. Really? Write about something important, Darr. Earn your check. This story doesn't pass the laugh test.

Wow, where do these guys come up with this stuff. I also see they are saying that E-Town will not be back with the NHRA after 2013.

I guess DRO is playing the literary lottery? If they report the same story every year eventually it will come true. Law of averages, right? :rolleyes:

Some of you folks are just hilarious.

It doesn't matter who wins what in what circumstances when it comes to this nonsense. It makes no difference whatsoever, because NO MATTER THE OUTCOME, there's ALWAYS gonna be someone who comes here and SWEARS "the fix is in!!"

Always.

You guys who do it are just too predictable.
:rolleyes:

No one really talks about this one much, but for me the worst dive ever that the Harley dive of 2008 at Pomona. Hines leaves by .354 cutting a great light on a late Krawiec. Hines runs that weekend were 7.03, 7.04, 7.02, 7.04, 7.01 and 7.03 prior to this race.

Apparently the bike "broke" to a 7.60 in the round that decided a championship.

If NHRA didn't act on this they've set a precedent that they won't in the future because I can't imagine one more blatant happening in the future. Since the rule was in effect and not enforced I lost alot of respect that day for our sanctioning body and that team. The rule looks good on paper but if its not enforced its meaningless.

I understand business drives the sport but I don't have to like it. As for the start of the thread Neff got the yips at Houston too in the final against Arend.

No one really talks about this one much, but for me the worst dive ever that the Harley dive of 2008 at Pomona. Hines leaves by .354 cutting a great light on a late Krawiec. Hines runs that weekend were 7.03, 7.04, 7.02, 7.04, 7.01 and 7.03 prior to this race.

Apparently the bike "broke" to a 7.60 in the round that decided a championship.

If NHRA didn't act on this they've set a precedent that they won't in the future because I can't imagine one more blatant happening in the future. Since the rule was in effect and not enforced I lost alot of respect that day for our sanctioning body and that team. The rule looks good on paper but if its not enforced its meaningless.

I understand business drives the sport but I don't have to like it. As for the start of the thread Neff got the yips at Houston too in the final against Arend.

An even more blatant dive would have been the PSM final of the 1996 Sears Craftsman Nationals. A then rookie, Angelle Seeling didn't even come to the line in the final so her Star Racing teammate John Myers would solo to the win.

Here's a link to my youtube upload of the race, fast forward to the 24:30 mark to see what i'm talking about.

1996 NHRA Sears Craftsman Nationals - YouTube

Also it's always been asked, how do you go back to Castrol and say you took a dive for the AAA car to win the round and make the countdown. (I.e. John Force's dive at the U.S. Nationals.) Well it's simple. Our whole team is now in the running for the championship, and whatever exposure Castrol would have gotten from the one round win pales in comparison to the millions of analytical replays of the event and the fact that everyone will be talking about it. No such thing as bad press right?? I'm pretty sure there are Castrol logos somewhere on Hight's car too.

As far as the "dives" in Englishtown.. They really aren't even necessary. Robert Hight has enough of a lead over 11th in points that he only needs to make it to round 2 in each of the remaining races, to make the countdown. Even if he lost round 1 in each, Tim Wilkerson would STILL have to outperform him in qualifying, and win all 8 races to knock him out of the top 10. Hight and Anderson are countdown locks. There would be no point for Neff to dive. If anything he's more vulnerable than Hight is. Same with team Summit, they're both going to be in the countdown, so whoever wins the wally right now is irrelevant to the big picture. Kind of like how this whole countdown format makes everything to Indy basically "qualifying" races, as opposed to important events of their own. But that's a whole other topic. :p

But Jason did lift, saw it all on Anderson's in-car camera playback... good old empirical evidence.

The NHRA spokes-announcer doth protest too much, methinks. :)

Cause you see the car nose over from Greg's in car cam. That's what happens when two cylinders are dead darr, it slows.

Unless the in car shows the gas pedal in jason's car :D

Alan I lost it a long time ago.

Tell that to Jerry Sandusky, or Tiger Woods, or John Travolta.........

Alan

Now now, that was a little tongue in cheek comment on my part. However you can't compare driving a funny car out of the groove to lose on purpose to child molestation, infidelity, or murder.

I'm not going to not buy Castrol because John Force throws races.. I'm going to not buy it because it's insanely expensive. Our shop actually uses Peak. Go Team Zizzo!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back