I'm no JFR hater, but... (1 Viewer)

Hight in the points lead with Capps closing fast. That's reason enough.

They don't crown the champ until the Countdown, so it doesn't mean anything this early in the year. I am all for calling out a Team Force dive, but this wasn't one of them.

Alan,

All due respect to your years in the sport. Not to mention what you bring to the broadcast/entertainment end of things. But if you'll check, you'll note I did mention Mr. Wilkerson. Alas, I missed Mr. Head, probably the smartest and most innovative of the bunch.

But I wasn't asking whether anyone else did the CC/Driver thing, but rather what another poster pointed out: that is this the reason why Tim and Jim are, at least at this point, not frequently a factor on Sunday? Mr. Neff, on the other hand, is usually much more so in the hunt. But it seems bad lights and lapsed concentration erases much of the performance edge he enjoys.

The question stands, "Is it just too much to expect of one person to wear both hats given the level of competition?"

By the way, stretch ... watch for the shadow your tall frame throws over those itty bitty drivers. It's like watching an eclipse in some shots.:D

You have no idea how far off the mark you are he has an assistant that is more than capable of running the car himself at 20 something years old is soon to be a full on CC I worked under him in 2009 with a #1 spot in TF when I first met him I thought this is just a young kid. Soon to find out just how wrong I was..

You can believe it or not, I really don't care, nor does it affect my paycheck. but you don't live in my world, and I'm just sharing what I know to be true.

Fact: Castrol is based in New Jersey. All the big wigs are in the house. Can anybody PLEASE tell me why the Castrol car would dive for the Auto Club car at this race? And I live at the top end, if you had seen Mike's reaction there would be no doubt in your mind either that he just screwed up and was not happy about it.

As for the Summit team, same thing I went by the pit to see what happened, Jason's car broke 2 valve springs. He couldn't believe it didn't blow up. But he wasn't going to lift, he wanted to win the 100th for Ken, just as bad as Greg did. It only ran 200 MPH! (Greg went 212 mph) He was kicking Greg's butt! If he wanted to through the race why didn't he just shake and shut off like Allen Johnson did against Greg? Was that a dive too?

Alan

As for the Summit team, same thing I went by the pit to see what happened, Jason's car broke 2 valve springs. He couldn't believe it didn't blow up. But he wasn't going to lift...

But Jason did lift, saw it all on Anderson's in-car camera playback... good old empirical evidence.

The NHRA spokes-announcer doth protest too much, methinks. :)

He was kicking Greg's butt! If he wanted to through the race why didn't he just shake and shut off like Allen Johnson did against Greg? Was that a dive too?

Alan

Well yes it was all part of an NHRA scheme to get KB's 100th win and the new Camaro in victory lane and it worked out perfectly! Funny how strange stories go along with the New Jersey race. 1995 was when the Dodge Boys got "broken into" leading up to the race... It all makes sense in the world of conspiracy theory! :D:D;)

When I picture these teams sitting in their trailers, orchestrating the outcomes the way some here are convinced they do, I just gotta crack up. I understand that team orders have been going on since at least the early '70s, but I think some here are just way overboard when thinking they're calling teams out on this stuff.

You can believe it or not, I really don't care, nor does it affect my paycheck. but you don't live in my world, and I'm just sharing what I know to be true.

Fact: Castrol is based in New Jersey. All the big wigs are in the house. Can anybody PLEASE tell me why the Castrol car would dive for the Auto Club car at this race? And I live at the top end, if you had seen Mike's reaction there would be no doubt in your mind either that he just screwed up and was not happy about it.

As for the Summit team, same thing I went by the pit to see what happened, Jason's car broke 2 valve springs. He couldn't believe it didn't blow up. But he wasn't going to lift, he wanted to win the 100th for Ken, just as bad as Greg did. It only ran 200 MPH! (Greg went 212 mph) He was kicking Greg's butt! If he wanted to through the race why didn't he just shake and shut off like Allen Johnson did against Greg? Was that a dive too?

Alan

It's amazing to me that every time Greg beats Jason the conspiracy theorists go wild. It was obvious on the ESPN show that Jason was extremely disappointed to lose to Greg. I talked to Jason at Topeka and he was still pissed about losing to Greg at Atlanta on a hole shot. I know these guys well enough that if they weren't racing heads up I would at least get a wink and a nod when talking to them. It would be nice if people would give the Summit team the benefit of the doubt like they do the DSR teams as to heads up racing.

If you're not willing to accept Alan's comments above, I guess no amount of explanation will have any effect, since alan is in a better position than the rest of us to know what is happening.

If you all want to talk conspiracy theories what about Beckman taking the right lane against Capps. This a car running like that, you put them in the lane they haven't been running in. That was a head scratcher.

My new philosophy after all this diving talk has taken its toil:

If Courtney Force makes it to a final vs. John Force. And John Force pulls a repeat of Ashley's first win at Atlanta Dragway then I would simply say this: Someone else at DSR, Wilk, Kalitta, Pedregon's or whomever should have stepped up and prevented this by knocking out either earlier in the day.

I mean if someone would have beaten John Force in the first two rounds of 2009 US Nationals then he wouldn't have been able to deal the cards they way he chose to.

That's all

Alan

Greg and Jason have raced heads up when the consequences were much larger--the Championship. Many times Jason has whipped Greg when Greg needed a win badly. I think you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

In the interview Jason said something in the car went away but he didn't want to lift. I imagine he felt the motor start to nose over and spent a fraction of a second evaluating what could be letting go in the motor vs. how far away the finish line was vs. the desire to win vs. the risk of splattering the motor and possibly crashing the car.

I don't know the splits of a 210 mph Pro Stock car, but I know my 185 mph car covers the 1000' to 1320' in 1.2 seconds. It looked to me like he did shut it off right before the stripe, rather than the motor just nosing over. There was a lot going on in less than a second for Jason and my guess is he snapped the throttle shut when his gut told him he pushed it as far as he could.

Last edited:
my new philosophy after all this diving talk has taken its toil:

If courtney force makes it to a final vs. John force. And john force pulls a repeat of ashley's first win at atlanta dragway then i would simply say this: Someone else at dsr, wilk, kalitta, pedregon's or whomever should have stepped up and prevented this by knocking out either earlier in the day.

I mean if someone would have beaten john force in the first two rounds of 2009 us nationals then he wouldn't have been able to deal the cards they way he chose to.

That's all

exactly!!!

There's nothing wrong with Team Orders, covering it up as though nothing happened, is wrong.

Team Orders are all over motorsports with very good reason.

My new philosophy after all this diving talk has taken its toil:

If Courtney Force makes it to a final vs. John Force. And John Force pulls a repeat of Ashley's first win at Atlanta Dragway then I would simply say this: Someone else at DSR, Wilk, Kalitta, Pedregon's or whomever should have stepped up and prevented this by knocking out either earlier in the day.

I mean if someone would have beaten John Force in the first two rounds of 2009 US Nationals then he wouldn't have been able to deal the cards they way he chose to.

That's all

Thats all fine if your an actual particpant, but is it fair to the spectator who's paying money to watch fixed races ??

There's nothing wrong with Team Orders, covering it up as though nothing happened, is wrong.

Team Orders are all over motorsports with very good reason.

If the NHRA still has the diving rule in effect, then they must cover it up, whether they want to or not, because admitting it is the only way to prove somebody took a dive.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back