Burgess OCIR Story (1 Viewer)

Nomad wheelstander was Gary Cleckner from Monrovia and drove it all over town. Call was called Chevado.

I think Shroeder was part of a build team on an episode of Monster Garage a few years ago. Didn't he also race a jet car?

I think Shroeder was part of a build team on an episode of Monster Garage a few years ago. Didn't he also race a jet car?

He helped build an ambulance on Monster Garage. He ran lots of exhibition cars, including a jet Focus (his last one). He also raced Funny Cars in the 1960s. The Nova was originally green and called "Bossa Nova", and was his second Nova by the same name. He painted it a beautiful candy apple red and the wheelie pad mechanism was hydraulic. He would plant the pads on the ground and do burnouts that Force or the Chi-Town Hustler would be proud of. I believe he ended up selling the Nova to Smokey Joe Douthit, who ran it for years out here.

That had to be the late, great Richard Schroeder's Smokey Red. He was known to drive it around town a few times.

you mean this car??

SMOKEY_RED5.jpg

I believe this is when Joe Douthit's owned the car? That's my favorite car of all time!

The Nova was originally green and called "Bossa Nova", and was his second Nova by the same name.

Yup, first was the injected 64/65 green car. The "Bad Bossa Nova" Then the newer style 68 green one, then painted red, is the way I remember them. Great looking cars. Always a kick to watch them run.:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back