Billy Meyer Article (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Great story about Billy over at Complus. It's hard to believe that much time has passed, but I remember cheering for him as a kid because he was so young, driving a fuel FC at 16. He's accomplished a tremendous amount, but I still wish he was involved as an owner, he has the knowledge/ability to bring in new sponsors, and has always been a forward thinker. Anyway, nice to see he is staying involved as a track owner and it's obvious his events do very well.

There's no fluff in that article. Billy is, indeed, as down to earth, driven, dedicated, and genuine as they come. I thoroughly enjoyed working for the man and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for a great piece, Bobby!

He always had a first class funny car operation and that carried into his race track. Makes you wonder where the sport would be now if he had acquired the NHRA back in the 80's?

Billy_Meyer_Body_1st_ever_Pass.jpg

This was his dad's car before he started driving, Grover Rogers was the driver.
Southdrag0006.jpg

That was a good read, looking forward to part 2. I`m glad I got to see Billy race in the `80s, he was a good racer with first class stuff. I remember that first tractor trailer setup. Everybody (Snake, KB, Segrini) followed suit pretty quick. I`ve got an old VHS tape "Wheels of Fire" or something like that, that follows Meyer, Snake, Goose, Beadle, Shirley and Richard Tharp at the `78 US Nats. Prudhomme didn`t speak very highly of him on that tape, I remember that.

Last edited:
I was at Bristol when he raced there ..he was defintely confident in his abilities ..Entertaning to say the least ..

Billys an awesome guy!...but he did forgot to mention Mike Thermos in his mentors!:p
I remember Billy and Mike doing a Nitrous Oxide seminar...in conjunction with the speed/trade show (by Dick Wells if I 'member!)...in the "horse barns" of the Pomona Fairgrounds!!!;)...Febuary 1983 -Winternationals.

I think in Mikes honor...Billy's last win was NOS equipped!
Tank strapped to the leg if I remember right!!!:cool:

Last edited:
That's really great stuff. And the comparison between his proposal and the HD Partners proposal is really amazing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back