Ron Boggs (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I found out on another board that Ron Boggs has passed away. I'm sure many here are familiar with his brother Steve, a well known tuner, but together they had several really successful, cool race cars over the years, and Ron was the one who drove. My favorite was the "Poison" AA/A that ran in around '77 during the Pro Comp era, a blown alky FC with a '23T body that would be good looking even today. Then they had the Altered/FC stretched wheelbase car that ran in TAD in around '90-'91, in which I enjoyed watching Ron do crazy burnouts and go rounds at Indy. There are some great pics posted over at classicfunnycarboard.com. RIP Ron

I found out on another board that Ron Boggs has passed away. I'm sure many here are familiar with his brother Steve, a well known tuner, but together they had several really successful, cool race cars over the years, and Ron was the one who drove. My favorite was the "Poison" AA/A that ran in around '77 during the Pro Comp era, a blown alky FC with a '23T body that would be good looking even today. Then they had the Altered/FC stretched wheelbase car that ran in TAD in around '90-'91, in which I enjoyed watching Ron do crazy burnouts and go rounds at Indy. There are some great pics posted over at classicfunnycarboard.com. RIP Ron

I remember Ron when they ran the Altered in 77. I think at the 77 Springnationals in Columbus, they could not get any kind of sponsorship help, so they ran it with no contingency decals, and even went to the extreme to scrub the white Goodyear lettering off the tires. Of course they went on to win the event, but could not collect the contingency money because the decals were not on the car.

Then when I was at the 77 US Nationals, they had a "For Sale" sign on it. They kidded around that it was to make it mad, and perform better. I think it was a32 car field back then, and they made it to the semis.

It was a 32 car field then, altereds, BB/FCs, blown alky dragsters, A/FDs, man Pro Comp was cool...

I talked to Steve a few years ago when he was here at Firebird tuning for Lucas's A/FD at the test and tune. He said then Ron's health was not good.
They also had a Funny car body that would fit on the chassis. The brothers would race in the IFCA ProAm Div3 Funny car circuit. Made up of BB/FC Cars. I still remember one of Ron's lines,
( You just stomp down on the foot feed make the rear end squat and peel rubber )
RIP Ron.

Man!

Sorry to hear this also... All the of good guys are leaving us.

R.I.P. Ron Boggs and Chris Martin!

Larry Fulton

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back