brainerd (1 Viewer)

BIR fast again this year. some great numbers yesterday again too (clay). the performance is great to watch, but it's the
great friends that make this race so great. without them i'm not sure i'd go, or i'd go for one day only with no overnite.
wasn't super thrilled about going this year, but ended up having the usual great time sat. and sun..... congrats to ben line
for finally breaking thru with big win in stock. he was on his game all weekend.....and he won the divisional last monday too in
rain delayed final......and the tiki bar rocks :cool:

Had an awesome as usual. So bummed for Hight. Lots of crew guys and drivers in the zoo as usual, in the normal spots. Talked with Scott Palmer out there for awhile, what a great guy. I think the crowd cheered just as loud for his 3.76 as they did for Leah's 3.64. At least my group did.

A couple great quotes-

Jim Oberhofer after Doug Kalitta had a good Q4 run. - "Yeah, that was a good run for the Mac Tools car, but man we look like a bunch of ass clowns with the other 2"

Unnamed person about Tanner Gray during conversation back in the zoo- "Well, there are only 5 or so people I don't really like out here, and Tanner is the first 3."

as it relates to the brainerd event.....nice job in last couple of years moving merchandise trailers behind main bleachers, and taking HD, army, and traxxas displays (which can be noisy with music and/or talking) and moving them into pit area. also new townhomes being built on north side of top end; bodes well for future of facility.

regarding fox's expanded tv coverage.....and i've seen this with other nat. events this year.......BIR finals were live yesterday i believe, so main FSN1 show was over at 4-5pm cst. got home last nite around 8pm, turned on replay of event starting at 9pm on FSN2. this am it replayed again from around 6-8am. 3 entirely different time slots for viewers; two replays within 24 hrs. of events completion. nice job fox and nhra......and last nite's 9pm show was preceeded with LODRS from seattle.......and friday night Q show was on FSN1 friday nite only about an hour delayed (hight and pritchett's record runs)

Unnamed person about Tanner Gray during conversation back in the zoo- "Well, there are only 5 or so people I don't really like out here, and Tanner is the first 3."

Awesome quote. :D
I do think he is doing a better job in front of the camera, But honestly, I do not care for him all that much.

anyone ever hear what happened to hagan 1st round sunday when he lost fire after burnout?

also. first time i've seen this....fans were kept off racing surface at conclusion of race....they had the fan walk
sunday am (i think?), but at winner's circle everyone was kept off racing surface. always thought that was a neat way for newbies
to figure out the meaning of 'traction'. did someone walk out of their flipflops, burn the bottom of their feet, and sue the nhra?

I was told that they were planning to test on Monday, so maybe they just didn't want a thousand footprints on it?

Alan

anyone ever hear what happened to hagan 1st round sunday when he lost fire after burnout?

also. first time i've seen this....fans were kept off racing surface at conclusion of race....they had the fan walk
sunday am (i think?), but at winner's circle everyone was kept off racing surface. always thought that was a neat way for newbies
to figure out the meaning of 'traction'. did someone walk out of their flipflops, burn the bottom of their feet, and sue the nhra?

Apparently he had a electrical gremlin the sensor shorted that shuts the car down.
That's what they said in the broadcast.

Per WFO radio today the kill switch in Hagan's FC malfunctioned and turned the engine off. It was NOT one of the more recent safety systems shutting the car down (Lahee ... phonetic spelling sorry).

Enjoyed Brainerd again this year. Didn't enjoy being on the losing end of a .004 package in round 2 ... the 1400 mile trip each way was not bad, except for the unexpected "eclipse traffic" that added 4 hours of crawling traffic conditions to get across Kansas Monday afternoon. We did enjoy a short diversion to wait and catch the total eclipse path in Holt MO .... pretty wild to watch it go to night for a few minutes at 1:10pm. We'll be back to Brainerd next year for the cool weather and a great track.

Damn, the pits sure were packed with fans. It was hard to go any where through the pits. The Brainerd fans love their drag racing.:D

as posted on racer.com
Live coverage of the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing finals from Brainerd scored a 0.27 rating and averaged 412,000 viewers on FOX Sports 1. That's slightly off last year's 0.3/452,000, also live on FS1 Sunday afternoon – which in turn was down from a 0.4/591,000 in 2015, when it aired on a tape-delayed basis on ESPN2.

and ratings info from seattle and sonoma, which IMO only demonstrates that not everyone has FSN1.
After a disappointing ratings showing last time out, the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series was back up to its more typical numbers for live coverage of the finals from Seattle on FOX. The broadcast network telecast scored a 0.55 rating and 883,000 viewers – more than double that of last week's finals on FOX Sports 1 – despite once again going head-to-head with NASCAR on Sunday afternoon.

Gainesville has kept the fans off the racing surface for the past few years also, due to Monday nationals.

Gainesville has kept the fans off the racing surface for the past few years also, due to Monday nationals.
Monday night they had a bunch of zoo fans driving there golf carts on the track after NHRA spent all day prepping it, so they had to post a security guard at the starting line all night from Tues through Sat night.

just a follow up to previous post with tv ratings from brainerd, seattle and sonoma.....the sunday afternoon fsn1 shows have
not been doing very well, even up against 2 year old espn tape delayed evening shows; but fsn1 and fsn2 IMO do a great job
of replaying races. i wonder what the total number of eyeballs is including replays? (lets say a race replays 2x).....IMO the fox
networks do a better job with the replays; total number of eyeballs over all replays mite exceed espn's numbers?
IMO espn did a terrible job delivering replays.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back