brainerd (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
still one short in TF, hope they find someone. in the last 29 years @ BIR, i think i remember one short
field in TF? i don't think there has ever been a short one in FC? i wish the total car counts weren't
so darn low like they are now. BIR used to have over 600 cars on property. they have 4 days.
IMO they could raise the quotas for a number of tracks that have 4 day events, much less tracks
like BIR that have ample sportsman pits.

one week till pros run @ BIR.....still only 15 TF'rs.....this weekend dixon, d. lagana, p. dakin, b. litton, k. wurtzel, and t. paton
will run their TF'rs @ martin, mi......the weekend following brainerd dixon and lagana will run @ cordova.....dixon ran last
weekend at great bend.
if BIR comes up 1 short, i'll be amazed......please someone, what does nhra pay a first round loser?.....will this group of
racers (and a few others as well) pass up easy nhra money? because they are too busy running match races? because their
chassis will not pass nhra tech? no hotels left in brainerd? .......what is it? i don't get it.....who cares anyways. go there, watch some
racing (including s/ss), and go home. doesn't matter if there's 15 or 20 cars in each class (to me at least). i'm the least excited to
go this year as i've ever been.

do TF and FC racers make the same or more match racing as they do a first round nhra loser?

The racers have 'till Monday afternoon to sign up. Hopefully we get a couple more. I wonder if Worsham's would put their TF car in at the last second just to collect the R1 loser money.

It's 11 grand to lose first round at an NHRA event so with 1 qualifier and 1st round $5500 a run. These guys get between 7 and 10 a run to match race. Brainerd is pretty notorious for high hotel costs.

thanks for the money figures mike......i can assure you brainerd is not the lone price gouger. hotels there are packed all summer; book early if you go there, regardless of day, week, or month. last minute reservation, if you even find one, will cost you. stayed at craguns three weeks ago (resort on gull lake across hwy from BIR) and asked if i could be moved closer to a group i was with....front desk gal tried and could not. they were 100% full.

The only way to make hotel costs cheaper would be to move Brainerd event outside the Memorial day to Labor day Brainerd Lakes Area tourist bubble. The issue there is that the weather would be too iffy.

barely.....nice call paul. was hoping maybe b. alexander could put something together to drive the car.
i predict chrisman will be a first round winner.

Man watching Brainard Friday 1st qualifying session it's a very sparse crowd.
It looks more like test session than a national event!

rain in rainerd again.....i'm not there today, but radar doesn't look good for 2nd session.
watch for hilights from today though. brian stewart crossed in front of creasy at speed. waaaaay to close for comfort.

rain in rainerd again.....i'm not there today, but radar doesn't look good for 2nd session.
watch for hilights from today though. brian stewart crossed in front of creasy at speed. waaaaay to close for comfort.

They are running again weather looks much better and Alan said they are gonna run both sessions!
Leah #1 with a 3.67

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back