Bradenton 2024, NHRA.tv vs. FLO sound, camera placement, etc. (1 Viewer)

LoPony

Nitro Member
NHRA, I know you’ve seen the FLO coverage of the PRO Bradenton race. It was amazing. You have to stand in envy. Please improve in 2024 to at least parity.

Billy, how about a better microphone, then? Haha. The cam is not the biggest problem, it’s the fact that we can’t hear the cars that really irks me. And we have to acknowledge that the sound of these cars tells a huge percentage of the story and is one of the main reasons we like drag races in the first place.

I love your signature. It needs to be preceded by “Dammit Jim…”

Last edited:
First of all, I know nothing about event sound production. I’m just speculating. One big difference between the two productions, is the announcers on Flo were just for the broadcast and not for the track. Might be easier to mix similar to other sporting events. On the NHRA.tv broadcast, the announcers we hear at home is the same as those at the track. If they had the sound from the track cranked up, we would also hear the feedback from the speakers at the track.

NHRA.TV sound is from the 1920’s the fact that this has been an issue since inception and not even an attempt has been made to fix it speaks volumes about what NHRA thinks of their money bringing fanbase.
Such a simple fix would change the service greatly for the better, they simply refuse to acknowledge.
Just cannot fix stupid

Well I will never trust Flo again after the WSOPM coverage this year. Some issues on Friday and Saturday but Sunday has been the worst I have ever had. Went offline for over 1 hour, froze up for long periods of time. When they finally had it fixed, there is a single top end camera working. Unless you’re really familiar with the cars running, it is impossible to tell who is running. Nothing but the PA announcer that is really muffled and in most pairs you can’t even pick up the win light.

Some issues on Friday and Saturday but Sunday has been the worst I have ever had. Went offline for over 1 hour, froze up for long periods of time. When they finally had it fixed, there is a single top end camera working. Unless you’re really familiar with the cars running, it is impossible to tell who is running. Nothing but the PA announcer that is really muffled and in most pairs you can’t even pick up the win light.
I came here to say pretty much the same thing.
It would have been nice to know what was really running at the time, at times it could have been test hits, second chance race or a grudge race. I could pick up what the commentator was saying, but if I missed that I would not know what round it was. A simple graphic in a corner saying what round it was would help a lot.
As a side note, watching rigs cross the track at the far end while cars were going down track would have me freaked out if I was a competitor...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back