Brad Personett Joins R2B2 Racing (1 Viewer)

They already have and tested it. It's a '53 twin turbo Vette.

I wonder who will be driving it next year? Could be Roger but I'm banking on him starting the season with his Camaro.

i see the turbo as the death of pro mod. . It was hard "police -ing" the blower - nitrous combos, but I think the turbo will flat out run away from both combos.

i see the turbo as the death of pro mod. . It was hard "police -ing" the blower - nitrous combos, but I think the turbo will flat out run away from both combos.

Either that or NHRA will legislate them out of existence! Pretty soon you'll be only allowed to run one 72mm turbo.

his dad told me a year ago - once they figure out how to use all the horsepower on top end - the car will be winning races. looks like his is moving from jimtown indiana to GA

I'm wondering if Precision Turbo and BS3 will still be involved in sponsorship on the car?

I'm wondering if Precision Turbo and BS3 will still be involved in sponsorship on the car?

I'm pretty sure that they will still be involved but not like in the past. I know prior to this announcement brad only had funds to run a partial season and Harry was still going to be helping out. Can't wait to see him run with some backing. With the turbo technology available, I don't see going from 91 to 88 making that much of a difference.

Been hearing the same thing for years, "Once they figure it out they will kill everyone else." Well I guess they've figured it out based on the numbers he's ran lol

They had announced before that (Oops) Commisso (sp?) was going to drive the turbo car, I would imagine that that is still the case unless someone has heard different??

:)

Last edited:
If you want to see ingenuity, check out comp. In all forms of pro racing, not just drag racing, there are limits on innovation in efforts to keep down costs and maintain competitive balance.

The trick is not to go overboard with the limitations and create a field of cookie-cutter cars...

NHRA isn't very good at that. They over-legislate entire fields and so, we have several groups of cars racing that are so similar, that except for their paint jobs, they're virtually impossible to tell apart. Look at the cylinder head rules for a fuel motor; Ford builds a "new" motor for Force and it's so much like a Mopar, it's impossibletotell them apart... Where are the 4-valve/cyl. OHC motors??? I remember when Eddie Hill's Pontiacs did battle with the Frantic 4's Chizlers, and Ivo's Buicks went up against Jim Bucher's big block Chevrolets... interesting racing!

Now they all have the same mechanical parameters and it's frankly, pretty booooring...

Pro Mod hasn't fallen victim to that syndrome, YET.... and I hope it doesn't. It's refreshing to see turbo cars battling it out with Roots-blown car and Nitrous-assisted cars, I think.

Just my 2-cents, and probably overpriced, at that..... :(

Bill

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back