R2B2--Say What???? (1 Viewer)

Snake seems to have done very well as a result of racing. There are a few others as well...not many but a few.

Most of Don's money was from the Hot Wheels deal and very smart and shrewd licensing agreements and he isn't that well to do as most would think he can't race without sponsorship dollars.
His success comes from being one of the Originals in the early years of the sport so his name is synonymous with the Sport of Drag Racing.
He use to have 2 funny cars and a dragster now he is down to one car because the sponsorship dollars are drying up.
The one thing he has that goes a long way is his name it opens a lot of doors I'm sure.
People who really know nothing of our sport recognize the name....

Besides racing, Snake And larry D. deal in real Estate.

That is not a good business to be in at the moment. The days of making your fortune in Real Estate are long gone and won't be back for many years until all the inventory has been bought up! :rolleyes:
And there is a lot of inventory out there with more to come. :eek:

Racing operations aren't profitable any owner would tell you that. All the money they receive from sponsors is to pay for the operation.
If you win the championship then you might come out ahead most just want to break even and avoid out of pocket expenses.
John force is the only one I can think of that actually made a living at Drag Racing all the others owned successful businesses and got into the sport after being gone many years.

Bob.. you left off "Drag" at the start of that sentence...lol.... i agree..but .. most owners weither they drive, work or just own do write themselves a pay check of some sort from the sponsorships...

i probably should have clarified.. "profitable".. as stream lined... less cost to operate.. lower salerys.... more cost productive to operate.. etc...

lot of Cup teams are very well financed.. and not hurting for funds..but are usign the "troubling times" to drop higher priced workers... "stream line" for better profits...

Drag racing is very much hurting for sponsorships.. just to survive... but you hear storys of past sponsorships paying between 3 and 4 million a year.. and only 1.5 to 2 mil..being spent on the actual team for the year....

if some of these sponsors willing to put out money would get with the teams that are willing to spend it where its suposed to be or where they say it will go... we would have strong turn around...

Billy

Kenny was a successful businessman before he got into Drag Racing.
In fact he was so successful he owned a couple of other race teams in different venues IRL and Nascar.
Warren made most of his money in his motor technology enterprise drag racing was just a good way to promote it.
That's why he won't be at Pomona he won't race out of pocket and I don't blame him.
Why he is listed to be in Pomona is why I asked if he got a sponsor recently I don't think so. If he does show up I will be surprised glad but surprised...

KB was a successfull restauranteur with contacts with AB Marketing, which led to his association with Budweiser, which will soon (we hope) reach the 30-year mark. KB started the Indy Car and NASCAR programs with his NHRA sponsors AFTER his success racing in the NHRA allowed him to diversify his racing stable.
WJ became successfull in motor technology/development AFTER his success racing in the NHRA allowed him to be noticed and employed by General Motors.
The big difference between the two is KB recognizes and appreciates that racing in the NHRA helped make him well-known and financially successful. WJ does not, in my opinion, taking opportunities to take unfounded cheap shots at the organization that helped make him well-known and financially successful.

Bob.. you left off "Drag" at the start of that sentence...lol.... i agree..but .. most owners weither they drive, work or just own do write themselves a pay check of some sort from the sponsorships...

i probably should have clarified.. "profitable".. as stream lined... less cost to operate.. lower salerys.... more cost productive to operate.. etc...

lot of Cup teams are very well financed.. and not hurting for funds..but are usign the "troubling times" to drop higher priced workers... "stream line" for better profits...

Drag racing is very much hurting for sponsorships.. just to survive... but you hear storys of past sponsorships paying between 3 and 4 million a year.. and only 1.5 to 2 mil..being spent on the actual team for the year....

if some of these sponsors willing to put out money would get with the teams that are willing to spend it where its suposed to be or where they say it will go... we would have strong turn around...

Billy

Remember the hospitality side of the budget the big coaches and the staff. ;)

KB was a successfull restauranteur with contacts with AB Marketing, which led to his association with Budweiser, which will soon (we hope) reach the 30-year mark. KB started the Indy Car and NASCAR programs with his NHRA sponsors AFTER his success racing in the NHRA allowed him to diversify his racing stable.
WJ became successfull in motor technology/development AFTER his success racing in the NHRA allowed him to be noticed and employed by General Motors.
The big difference between the two is KB recognizes and appreciates that racing in the NHRA helped make him well-known and financially successful. WJ does not, in my opinion, taking opportunities to take unfounded cheap shots at the organization that helped make him well-known and financially successful.

Tony your new pipe will be shipped out tomorrow.

WJ does not, in my opinion, taking opportunities to take unfounded cheap shots at the organization that helped make him well-known and financially successful.

It is my opinion that success in the sport made him well known and financially successful. He did that in spite of the organization(specifically those running it), not because of it................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back